goin on Monarch this Friday, a few questions

I know you can pay for a soda card (how much is it for teh 3 day cruise?), but what beverages are included for free? anyone have specifics? and where do u get them 24/7 when you are thirsty? I am thinkin about bringing some liquor onboard but whats free to mix it with?

anyone have menus or the compass from this cruise?

what time can we board at port canaveral? what time should we arrive?

thanks

I know you can pay for a soda card (how much is it for teh 3 day cruise?), but what beverages are included for free? anyone have specifics? and where do u get them 24/7 when you are thirsty? I am thinkin about bringing some liquor onboard but whats free to mix it with?

thanks

I believe the soda cards are $6 per day for adults. They include Coke products, such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc. You can get the drinks at any bar. Sorrento's is open virtually 24 hours, but I'm not sure they serve the soda card drinks 24 hours. They do have ice water, iced tea, and lemonade 24 hours for no extra cost.

My experience has been that boarding at Port Canaveral is usually targeted for 11:30am. Barring any delays with customs, etc., you should be able to arrive at 11am, and board at 11:30am.

thanks

Good luck with that :eek: A lot has changed since 2008.

###

so kust lemonade for juice types?

Yes, at breakfast there are other juices for free, but outside of that time, it is just lemonade.

I don't have a menu, but

These are the things we ate

Day 1

Lamb Shank

Steak

Day2

Half Roast Duck

Peppercorn tenderloin

Day 3

Tempura shrimp

Don't remember

All the food was very good.

thanks

Not all of the information posted thus far is accurate.

Adult soda package - 3 night cruise - 3 x $6 + 15% gratuity = $20.70

Included are Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite and soda water.

Free beverages are tap water, iced tea, lemonade/fruit punch sometimes, juices at breakfast, milk at all meals, hot coffee and tea at all meals.

There is NOT 24 hour availability of iced tea and lemonade - only during hours that the Windjammer is open.

If you are likely to want something in the middle of the night, take an empty water bottle and fill it during the day and put it in the fridge in your cabin (if you have one - what kind of cabin do you have?) There should be ice in your ice bucket, and you can get refills from Room Service if you run out.

Royal Caribbean does not permit you to carry your own alcoholic beverages on board. If you are caught, it will be confiscated. Their policy to date has been to NOT return it if it is in non-original containers, but to give it back on the last night/final morning if it is sealed in its original bottles. Not everyone has gotten theirs back, though.

Arriving around 11 a.m. is a good idea, and you are likely to be onboard very soon after that.

We have a superior stateroom. I just read though that they have obstructed views????? It did not say this when I booked. Would mine have a fridge?

Are you allowed to bring drinks onboard like juice? Can I bring a gallon of orange juice? or the like, or is any bevrage prohibited?

thanks

We have a superior stateroom. I just read though that they have obstructed views????? It did not say this when I booked. Would mine have a fridge?

Are you allowed to bring drinks onboard like juice? Can I bring a gallon of orange juice? or the like, or is any bevrage prohibited?

thanks

we had a superior ov and most of them look out over top of the lifeboats that hang below. there is a safe but no fridge. as long as they are serving pizza there is water and lemon flavored juice. for pop you can go to any bar. once the bars shut down for the night there is no pop.

thanks

if you are in a deck 9 Superior Oceanview, you will have a fridge........dont expect it to get warm stuff cold though as it will take your whole trip to do so. They are more like gloriifed coolers than they are refrigerators. Your stateroom attendant will remove the drinks that are already in there so you will have more room if you ask him/her.

you should be able to bring on non alcoholic beverages without a problem. :)

at least I did in May anyway.

have a wonderful cruise...............I loved the Monarch!

thanks

I am almost positive that Deck 9 SOV cabins have a cooler unit.

They have orange juice in the Windjammer and MDR at breakfast.

...There is NOT 24 hour availability of iced tea and lemonade - only during hours that the Windjammer is open...

As of last May, there was iced tea and lemonade in Sorrento's on Monarch. To be perfectly accurate, Sorrento's does close for a few hours, so you're correct that it's not 24 hours, but at least on Monarch, those beverages are available nearly 24 hours.

Bob

Archived