7/10 Epic Cruise

crimmper

Great pictures. What type of room was that? Deluxe Balcony?

Category BD standard balcony. I picked that cabin (11245) because it had a larger balcony due to the bump out corner

What was your overall impression of the trip? We're sailing this coming Saturday.

from start to finish, the entire trip was wonderful. Staff was amazing Entertainment -great (always something going on) Food -never had a bad meal. they attended to my DW's dietery need outstandingly

The ship - OK folks don't jump all over me for this, but in MY OPINION, they squeezed as much as they could into her (The staff that I spoke with agreed with me). Don't get me wrong, the decor is beautiful, I just wished it had a little bit more openess to it (like the Pearl). By no means did it deter us from having a wondrful cruise.

So you will be on the first sailing to the Western Carib. Enjoy your cruise. Don't worry, you will have a great time aboard the Epic

What was your shore excursion in St Thomas?

We did the St.John Champagne Catamaran Sail & Snorkel.

Great pictures Thank you so much for sharing!! You and the Mrs. looked a bit chilly in the Ice Bar, can't wait to try it, should work wonders on my "Kankles"...LOL. ;) Where did you stay in Miami for that great view of the Port?

Neverthought

Great pictures Thank you so much for sharing!! You and the Mrs. looked a bit chilly in the Ice Bar, can't wait to try it, should work wonders on my "Kankles"...LOL. ;) Where did you stay in Miami for that great view of the Port?

Neverthought

Ice Bar is kept at 17 degrees Fahrenheit.

We stayed at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Just so you know, they are undergoing renovations. But for an overnight stay it was fine.

I think we were upgraded to the Bay View room (Marriott Rewards)

Enjoy your cruise

from start to finish, the entire trip was wonderful. Staff was amazing Entertainment -great (always something going on) Food -never had a bad meal. they attended to my DW's dietery need outstandingly

The ship - OK folks don't jump all over me for this, but in MY OPINION, they squeezed as much as they could into her (The staff that I spoke with agreed with me). Don't get me wrong, the decor is beautiful, I just wished it had a little bit more openess to it (like the Pearl). By no means did it deter us from having a wondrful cruise.

So you will be on the first sailing to the Western Carib. Enjoy your cruise. Don't worry, you will have a great time aboard the Epic

Thanks crimmper. You're literally on the other side of the boat as me so it's comforting seeing the picture of your room as I've also booked a BD room. It looks cozy but manageable.

We're looking forward to Saturday and we'll be sure to post up some reviews/pics.

Thank you so much for sharing the photos - what was your excursion in St. Thomas? I think we have a catamaran excursion as well, and I'm a little concerned about getting on and off of the boat. Can you tell me how that is done?

Thank you so much for sharing the photos - what was your excursion in St. Thomas? I think we have a catamaran excursion as well, and I'm a little concerned about getting on and off of the boat. Can you tell me how that is done?

We were on the St John's Champagne Catamaran Sail & Snorkel. If you plan on snorkeling the ladder/steps drops into the water. We did not snorkel, but we did observe the folks snorkeling get into the water with no problem. Now climbing back up is another story. Seems you need to remove your flippers before climbing up the ladder/steps which proved difficult for some folks.

If you prefer just going to the beach,this catamaran will take you to the beach in a rubber raft (no ladder/steps involved)

Hope that helps

This guy looks like the cruise director that appeared on the TV program that followed NCL for a week cruise.

35170_1233610620725_1842960764_460889_7820540_n.jpg

His name is Simon. Not sure about the TV program you are talking about, but he was the cruise director on the Pearl. He is now the Entertainment director on the Epic. Gentleman by the name of Silas is the Cruise Director

Archived