Mariner of the Sea - Kids / Teen Clubs

Hi, we are in the process of booking our 1st cruise! :) My daughter will be a month shy of turning 12 when we go, will they let her in the teen's hangout which is for 12 - 14 year olds or are they pretty strict and will want her to be in with the 9 - 11 year olds? Thanks.

This has been discussed quite a bit on these boards where similar circumstances existed. It truly depends on when you are sailing, how many kids are on board, and the ages of those kids. There was a recent poster who had a just 18 year old that wanted to be in the teen club but was not allowed. Others have stated their 'just 18 year old' was allowed in the teen club.

From my personal experience, my DS turned 12 during one of our cruises on Mariner (during June so beginning of family vacations). I had to sign a paper stating that even though he was not technically 12 on first day of the sailing I was allowing him to go into the 12 - 14 group. I was warned that if there were any issues he would be moved back to the other group. I was also given the option to wait until his birthday to move him into that group. He went from the 1st day without any issues.

I would say it doesn't hurt to ask when you board, but be prepared for them to say no.

Archived