Watch the weather

pjs9876

Those cruising this weekend from Florida should keep updated on the weather. There is a lot they do not know. A storm is developing quickly and might impact Fort Lauderdale up to Daytona on Friday. At this time it is not known what if any affect this could have on any cruise.

Please, do not spread panic or fear because that would be unwarranted. All that needs to be done is pay attention. Understand that you might be in rain. Adjust your driving time. Plane schedules might be delayed.

The cruise lines will monitor the weather and will do a good job to insure everything is safe. They deal with the effects of storms all the time. As for me, I am hosting a 90th Birthday Party for my Mom in Orlando on Friday and driving to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday to sail on Sunday. I am packing an umbrella!

Jacksonville News-Tuesday night

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=112229&catid=412

Living in Florida we know to always monitor the weather at this time of year. Hurricanes or tropical storms are unpredictable so I agree, anyone cruising this weekend should stay informed. I know we floridians are watching this because....it looks like it may head this way.

Under the circumstances it would be a good idea to start thinking about a plan "B". This is not panicking it is just being prepared.

Living in Florida we know to always monitor the weather at this time of year. Hurricanes or tropical storms are unpredictable so I agree, anyone cruising this weekend should stay informed. I know we floridians are watching this because....it looks like it may head this way.

Under the circumstances it would be a good idea to start thinking about a plan "B". This is not panicking it is just being prepared.

What would "Plan B" be? Just in case something does come up for my August 29th cruise leaving out of Ft Lauderdale. Never get insurance as the cruises I usually pick tend to not be on weeks known for storms. If that makes sense in Florida. I live in Tampa so we know a thing or 2 about storms. Lightning Capital city of America lol.

I believe that the biggest problem may be with airline schedules and flights into FLL and MIA. This storm, if it impacts south FL, looks more like a rain maker than anything else and should not impact ships.

I am sorry that I did not express myself clearly. When I said. "There is a lot they don't know", I was referring to the weather experts not the folks cruising.

sherman931I believe that the biggest problem may be with airline schedules and flights into FLL and MIA. This storm, if it impacts south FL, looks more like a rain maker than anything else and should not impact ships.

I agree.

Well, any impact is predicted to be Friday. The only princess ship

in the caribbean this summer is Emerald, and it's in Ft. Lauderdale

on Sunday.

I'd say that princess cruisers need pay only the slightest concern to

this storm, if any.

And, while anything can change, it is not forecast to become anything

stronger than a tropical storm, if that. It's already Wednesday, there's really no time for it to develop into something serious.

So, look for some rain and possibly moderate winds on Friday.

Archived