Premium Liquors on Seabourn

1straveler

Does anyone have experience with requesting premium liquors for your cabin? On my first Seabourn cruise, several months ago, I asked if there were any premium rums in stock. I was told the names of the few rums they served and was told that they would try to find a premium rum in port. Since we were in the Med, I was informed that their shopping attempt had been fruitless. As I did some shopping myself, I had the same experience. I was told that if they had been in the Carribean this would not be a problem and should I travel with Seabourn in the future I should make my request before the cruise. I called Seabourn yesterday and asked for Zaya rum in my cabin for our October cruise. I was told that I should send an email and they would gladly accomodate me. I sent the email and Seabourn responded with the same list of complimentary rums listed on the web site. At $29.00 a bottle I did not consider the price a big deal and would gladly pay the difference. I asked if I could bring the rum with me and give it to the bartenders to be served as I requested. I was informed that I could bring the rum with me but only to be consumed in my cabin. I just wondered if others had similar or better experience with getting their drink of choice. I love the Seabourn experience, I was just a bit surprised.

Does anyone have experience with requesting premium liquors for your cabin? On my first Seabourn cruise, several months ago, I asked if there were any premium rums in stock. I was told the names of the few rums they served and was told that they would try to find a premium rum in port. Since we were in the Med, I was informed that their shopping attempt had been fruitless. As I did some shopping myself, I had the same experience. I was told that if they had been in the Carribean this would not be a problem and should I travel with Seabourn in the future I should make my request before the cruise. I called Seabourn yesterday and asked for Zaya rum in my cabin for our October cruise. I was told that I should send an email and they would gladly accomodate me. I sent the email and Seabourn responded with the same list of complimentary rums listed on the web site. At $29.00 a bottle I did not consider the price a big deal and would gladly pay the difference. I asked if I could bring the rum with me and give it to the bartenders to be served as I requested. I was informed that I could bring the rum with me but only to be consumed in my cabin. I just wondered if others had similar or better experience with getting their drink of choice. I love the Seabourn experience, I was just a bit surprised.

Hi

The list is quite extensive but I don't suppose they could satisfy everyone even if they had a hundred choices on it.

The choice at the bars is very extensive. It would be fun working your way through them all at no cost... maybe you will find one you like better than Zaya.

I can't see them feeling it appropriate walking round the ship with a litre of spirit if you fancy changing bars, but i'm sure the personal service from individual bar tenders would mean that they would do that, but I don't suppose head office would quote anything but the company line

Not that I drink a lot of rum, or maybe I do, but I have tried multiple times all the rums they offered. I only requested because I was told I could do so. I did not mean that I would carry the rum around with me but that I would leave a bottle at a couple of the bars. I am not complaining, Seabourn is my favorite cruise line. I have read other post about people being able to request Grey Goose or other premium liquors and I was surprise by the, "yes you can", "no you can't".

>"I would leave a bottle at a couple of the bars."

That could become awkward if another cruiser saw your drink being mixed by the bartender and asked for something with 'your' rum. It's often when I see an interesting drink being made and ask for the same thing.

You can absolutely bring your own bottle and leave it behind the bar. I have friend who brings his preferred Scotch aboard and has it whenever he likes (he also likes to share.)

The truth is the crew aboard the ships can be much more accommodating than office personnel.

There was a passenger on one of my cruises who brought cases of his wines aboard and had it served in restaurant 2. I'm sure the crew members would accommodate you. They are wonderful to a fault.

There was a passenger on one of my cruises who brought cases of his wines aboard and had it served in restaurant 2. I'm sure the crew members would accommodate you. They are wonderful to a fault.

On a Seabourn Caribbean cruise a few years ago, we had the pleasure of Carnival CEO and his exec team on board. They brought their own fine (very) wine with them. They had sampled them in Miami to ensure they were OK. And topped them up from a second bottle of the same wine. Surprisingly there were no objections to drinking them with their meals. Impressive style and very impressive wines. The precedent has been set:)

A friend and fellow SB cruiser will bring a case of Dom Perignon with her when she sails. No problem having it behind the Skybar, and she too shares with her friends! :)

Host Dan

A friend and fellow SB cruiser will bring a case of Dom Perignon with her when she sails. No problem having it behind the Skybar, and she too shares with her friends! :)

Host Dan

any chance she is sailing with us in Dec?:)

Archived