Is the Iced Tea Still Gross and Other Musings....

globe9

Booked on the Triumph and GF and I have always done the Soda Card b/c we found the iced tea on the Fantasy to be pretty gross. It was NOT fresh brewed OR brewed for that matter at all. I saw a guy emptying a container of syrup or something into the top of the tea machine once....I'm assuming it's some kind of instant syrup or powder and we hate it.

Is this still the case?

Do they have Splenda on board the Carnival ships? I like to make my own iced coffee on the lido deck and I can't remember if they have Splenda....hate the pink and blue stuff.

We plan on eating most of our meals on Lido at the buffet/grill/pizza etc. Have heard that as the ships get larger and more and more people are opting for the more casual dining on the Lido that the wait times are becoming excessive. Is this true?

I don't mind waiting 5 minutes in line, if it's moving, but if I go to the Lido for dinner are we talking about a 20 or 30 minute wait in line, then trying to find a table??

Do they have popcorn for the movies on deck? What time are these movies shown at night? Is it very late? Is it very crowded? Do they charge for the popcorn?

That's all for now. I keep thinking of questions and I can't remember the answer to some of them and I just don't plain know the answers to some of them :D

Yes, they have splenda. I drink lemonaide, not the iced tea or I drink water in the dining room. Not crazy about their tea or coffee either, but I can survive.

I think you will find the lido buffet during dinner to be very quiet. Its only crowded really on sea days at lunch especially .. and peak breakfast hours.

Yes, I believe the tea does come from a carton but I've always loved it. I saw people making their tea with a splash of lemonade (Arnold Palmer?) and it was good that way. I don't remember Splenda being there but I'm a Pink packet girl so only look for that LOL.

We just got off the Liberty on Saturday. The buffet lines were busy at every meal. Lunch was the worst because of the Mongolian stir fry line. I waited on the last day for over an hour !!! Finding a table wasn't as hard as I remember it on previous cruises.

They do have popcorn. I think it's like $1.50 or $2.00 for a bag. My son got it once and said it was horrible. I think it's the humidity (we were in Eastern Caribbean and humidity was like 800% the entire trip hahaha)

I was on the triumph last june 09 and had it at dinner, i found it decent to the point i had more than one glass. i never did think of trying it at the lido.

but, one's perspective can be different to another's, but i liked it. and it is unsweetened which is the way i like it as i like to put sweet n low in it.

they also had equal and i believe splenda as well

Archived