5 ships in port

bruexx

We are sailing into St Maarten on the Ruby Princess in late Oct/10+ there are going to be 5 ships in port that day,how many ships can actually dock at the cruise ship pier? We are the last ship in,so I am assuming we will be tendered in,will that be to the pier downtown or to the cruise ship pier?

Thanks Bruce H.

The Port has pier/docking facilities for two Mega-Liners and four normal sized ships, so you should dock.

At the Cruise Facility website I only see four ships for October 27th; Oasis, Dream, NCL Sun and your Ruby.

gary

The Port has pier/docking facilities for two Mega-Liners and four normal sized ships, so you should dock.

At the Cruise Facility website I only see four ships for October 27th; Oasis, Dream, NCL Sun and your Ruby.

gary

Gary...Oasis and Dream are Megas. In May, when both were in I didn't see a lot of room left for another ship. But there was construction going on. So has this been expanded now?

crew

The new pier, built for the mega-liners, opened last November. It is just North of the older pier. Take a look at this page, which I've annotated with the Cruise Facility designations. Cruise Pier North = CPN.

th_PortofStMaarten-InternetExplorerprovidedbyDell721201080136AMbmp.jpg

(click)

You can see where they assign ships on the schedule page

gary

The new pier, built for the mega-liners, opened last November. It is just North of the older pier. Take a look at this page, which I've annotated with the Cruise Facility designations. Cruise Pier North = CPN.

th_PortofStMaarten-InternetExplorerprovidedbyDell721201080136AMbmp.jpg

(click)

You can see where they assign ships on the schedule page

gary

Thanks for the new info, Gary.

I hopped ahead to Dec 22, 2010. There will be SEVEN, repeat SEVEN ships in that day. There are no pier assignments yet.

Oasis, Dream, Ruby Pr., Eurodam, Eclipse, NCL Sun and the Sea Princess. How are they gonna fit this bunch at the two piers? Unless the Sea Pr. tucks in behind the Dream at the new pier and the other four use the old pier.

We should be in 12/29 on the Explorer along with the Liberty, Ruby and the Crystal Serenity. That should be manageable.

Thanks for the new info, Gary.

I hopped ahead to Dec 22, 2010. There will be SEVEN, repeat SEVEN ships in that day. There are no pier assignments yet.

Oasis, Dream, Ruby Pr., Eurodam, Eclipse, NCL Sun and the Sea Princess. How are they gonna fit this bunch at the two piers? Unless the Sea Pr. tucks in behind the Dream at the new pier and the other four use the old pier.

We should be in 12/29 on the Explorer along with the Liberty, Ruby and the Crystal Serenity. That should be manageable.

Wow, seven ships in port is going to produce a lot of people packing those water taxis back and forth to town.

Archived