Dining Room Disasters: What's the worst dish you've had on Carnival?

Seafood Newburg, I remember that now. I think I had blocked it from my memory it was so awful.

I agree. The sauce was so brown - looked like beef gravy. It didn't taste bad but I was expecting something a little different in color.

Just got back from the Pride. The food in the MDR, except for the ribs, one mushroom appetizer, chocolate melting cake and cinnamon cake was AWFUL. I guess the worst were the seafood newberg, the spaghetti carbonara and the filet mignon, but they had a lot of company. We aren't that picky, really, but everything was cold (or melting if icecream) and generally yucky.

Ohiodoglover

One of our cruise buds has an iron and stomach and will eat anything...he ordered some seafood dish one night on the Pride when it was sailing out of Port Canaveral. The waiter raised his eyebrows and said "are you sure" but he ordered it anyway.

Our waiter brought it and set it down in from of him then just stood back. Our whole table of 6 burst out laughing it. It looked like a huge turd covered in green seaweed and stunk like rotten fish. :eek: I wish I knew what it was called.

Our bud just said, you know I don't think I can eat that. The waiter said "I know, now what would you like?" And was laughing out loud as he left the table.

As for the diet pumpkin pie..I ordered that once and our waiter wrinkled up his nose and shook his head no. I ordered something different. :D

I brlieve that's the first time I've seen that word on CC. ;)

no one told me the cesar salad's have anchovios (sp?). first time i ordered it, i thought it smelled a bit weird. next night i decided to get it again thinking i just got a bad one the night before, but same smell. finally i asked and the waiter told me it had them. never again unless i can get it without them

Stephen - All ceasar salad dressings are made of anchovies... It's the restaurants that serve the whole thing that I can't take.

Other foods == we've generally had great meals in the dining room. Can't say anything was a disaster, but going against the majority I'm sure -- we don't care for the chocolate melting cake but just because it's preference, not because they didn't do something right... :)

The Chateaubriand on Carnival used to always be cut from the tenderloin (think filet mignon) now it is "beef shoulder tender".

It was still very delicious last cruise!

Im sure I will try it again though. I dont think I have ever had Chateaubriand anywhere else, and Carnival MDR is likely the only place I will ever enjoy it, so it will be on my to have list, next cruise!:)

no one told me the cesar salad's have anchovios (sp?). first time i ordered it, i thought it smelled a bit weird. next night i decided to get it again thinking i just got a bad one the night before, but same smell. finally i asked and the waiter told me it had them. never again unless i can get it without them

Traditionally Ceasar Salad is made with anchovies, or anchovie paste in the dressing. When I make my own, I like to use the anchovie paste, since it is just that, and you dont bite into chunks of anchovie.

Of course I like anchovies, and I also like Carnival's Anchovie pizza. But I will be the first to admit that they can be over powering in taste, and ruin the dish if too much of it. It helps if you like fishy stuff, but I have read many a review/comment here that say the same as you and it was just too "anchovie" tasting.

Traditionally Ceasar Salad is made with anchovies, or anchovie paste in the dressing. When I make my own, I like to use the anchovie paste, since it is just that, and you dont bite into chunks of anchovie.

Of course I like anchovies, and I also like Carnival's Anchovie pizza. But I will be the first to admit that they can be over powering in taste, and ruin the dish if too much of it. It helps if you like fishy stuff, but I have read many a review/comment here that say the same as you and it was just too "anchovie" tasting.

One of my favorites is the pizza with anchovies. I asked for extra anchovy and it's really good!

Archived