Century Sky Suites

gardencat

mmbgmb,

If you will look above (about halfway up) at posts from bob278 and Kathleen P. on 4-17-04 you'll find the information you're looking for about SS1200.

icon_wink.gif

Garry

Century Western Caribbean - 6/5/2004 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Galaxy Transatlantic - 9/3/2004 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

click <a href="mailto:gkm278@comcast.net">here</a href> to send me an email

mmbgmb,

We were in 1201 on Galaxy and I think they are essentially the same. We did not see the "real" sky suites" but our balcony was huge. We had two regular deck chairs, two chaise lounges and a table with room to spare.

They used to be Cat 1, not a sky suite. Older deck plans (such as the one at http://www.cruisestateroom.com ) show the cabin size as the same as a sky suite. If that's true, then the deck is the same size because the depth is the same. In my opinion, you'd need a tape measure to tell the difference.

Garry (gkm) and I are booked in a sky suite in June. We'll try to get a look at 1200 or 1201 and let you know.

Bob

gkm/bob278,

Thanks so much for the info! From what I read above, the verandas for 1200 and 1201 are in between the sizes of those on the Penthouse deck and the others on the sports deck? icon_confused.gif I noticed in the brochure that the balconies look the same, but then read conflicting statements. I would appreciate it very much if you could check it out when you sail in June. this is just for my own curiosity - I believe what we have booked will be great.

I discovered that 1206 became available for our 10/23 cruise so I switched to that from 1201.

From all the positive postings about butler service and other great amenities, this will be a wonderful cruise for us!

Gardencat, I returned Saturday from my cruise and we had sky suite 1222, the last one on the starboard side, near the elevators and the sky bar. It was a wonderful room and the veranda was huge. We spent a lot of time out there enjoying the sea air and sun bathing. There was rocking and rolling motion, but not as bad on the sports deck as I was lead to believe. Also, the elevator bank we were near was directly in front of the Grand Restaurant, so it was really convenient. The only negative was a bad first impression of the suite because the blue cover on the bed was faded and looked "weary". However, after they turned down the bed the first night, we never saw the cover again and the room was cozy and comfortable.

The butler service was wonderful. Richard was very helpful and he brought tea and goodies at 3:30 p.m. every afternoon as well as appetizers at 5:30 p.m., There was so much food, we asked him to omit the appetizers. He was hurt and kept asking every day if we didn't want to change our mind. The last night you are suppopsed to put your luggage outside your door by midnight. Richard knew my sister and I both had knee replacement surgery last year and he came in without being asked and took our luggage out. Saturday morning, he came in early, took all our carryon items and led us down the gangplank to the luggage claim area. What great service. Another perk of being in the sky suite is that you are in the first group to leave the ship on Saturday and we were back home in Royal Plam Beach by 10:00 a.m. that morning. We can't wait to go again on the Western Caribbean trip and plan to request suite 1222.

Carol

ksukent, I'll be looking for your review. We're on the western trip also. I'm also interested to know what activities/excursions you did.

I wish I could give you an answer to your previous question about changing to port side... I'm interested to know that as well! icon_smile.gif

mcburnie. . . be sure to tell us if we bother you. I suspect that ours will become the hangout room for our other four women friends as we take this cruise in celebration of turning 50 and being friends since middle school. Fear not, we're fun and friendly and likely to indulge in a lot of laughter. We'll look forward to meeting you! . . .Sue (rooming with college roommate, Linda)

cfk2439,

Thanks for the information. We will be in cabin 1222 on October 2,2004 and I can't wait!

Did you have any of your meals served in the cabin or did you always go to the restarant?

Also I notice that 1222 seems to be close to the video arcade did you notice many teens or kids using that facility?

Gardencat, we had breakfast served on the verandah the first morning. There were so mamy wonderful meals that I really don't remember much about it, other than the coffee was not great. We liked to have meals in the Grand Restaurant because it was an opportunity to meet interesting people - both cruisers and waiters. We did have Richard bring us a bottle of wine and pizza a couple of times - you must try the pizza, it was wonderful. Our neighbors in the next cabin had breakfast outside every day as well as several lunches, so I think you will enjoy being served by your butler.

The video arcade is on the other side of the ship (port) and, frankly, we never saw it, nor were there any kids around - it was very peaceful. We sailed the Eastern Caribbean route and liked it a lot, with the exception of the rocking and rolling up until San Juan. However, we never got sick or even queasy, so don't worry. As a matter of fact, we had so much fun, we made a reservation on Tuesday for the Western Caribbean next April in sky suite 1222.

One thing I might caution you about is the expectations you build up after reading all the comments on this board. We were a little disappointed because the ship was older than we anticipated, but we grew to love it, as evidenced by our reservations for next year.

Hope you will have a wonderful cruise - enjoy!

Carol

Thanks again cfk2439. I agree with your comment about high expectations. It makes it difficult for any vacation to live up to the perfect one you have pictured in your imagination. That's one of the reasons I appreciate reading the negative comments on the boards it gives a more realistic view and prepares you for little things that may not be perfect.

Having said all that I'm still going to find it hard not to get excited about this upcoming cruise.

Will let you know my impressions when I get back although thats not for a while.

Ksukent

Dont worry about us - although on honeymoon we dont plan on spending too much time in cabin!!!! and if it sounds like a good party you can always pass the drinks over the rails between balconies!!!!

Donna

------------

Celebrity Century - Honeymoon. Leaving in...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;06;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hello everyone,

Just returned from the Century. We were in SS 1204. Richard was our butler and he was wonderful!! We did not have him do anything extra other than coffee/tea in the morning, tea at 3:30 and snacks at 5:30 p.m. I planned on having breakfast on our balcony but we never did...just coffee and tea. Some days it was just too windy for breakfast. Definitely too windy for dinner.

I had asked the question about which side would be better to have when in port...was told that it didn't matter. It does matter, but you never know what dock the ship will be at. On our cruise the Starboard side faced the ports. It was nice except for Fort Lauderdale and Jamaica. Next time I will opt for the Port side.

The location of our room could not have been better. One stairway down for the buffet, belgian waffles, pools, hot tubs and spa.

The bedspreads were worn. The bathtub was older so I just used the shower which was great. The water is extremely hot so be careful!!! When using the sink faucet make sure it is turned all the way to the right and let it run for a bit, otherwise you will burn your mouth when brushing your teeth!!!

It will be a wonderful cruise so enjoy!!!

-Denise

Newbie---First cruise May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;08;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

25th Wedding Anniversary on Century

Denise, I agree with the bathroom comments. The tub was a little old and I had a problem figuring out the water on the shower. I was worried one night that I would have to call Richard when I was in the shower and couldn't turn it off. Finally, I figured it out, thank goodness!!

Carol

Carol...lol..it did take a few days to figure out the shower. It wasn't till the last day that I figured out the sink faucet.

-Denise

Century 05/08/04

Constellation 01/22/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;01;22;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500>

Lori: I won't say that it was rocking and rolling, more like gentle swaying. It was pretty rough on Sunday. At night I took Antivert just incase but never had a problem. I had a hard time in the Theatre which is located in the front of the ship so I didn't see too many shows. I will never book a front cabin. The suites on the Sky deck are in a perfect location...you will love it!

Gardencat: Now here is the tip on the shower faucet. The faucet is located on the side of the shower. The handle closest to you is the temperature. There is no Hot or Cold markings just numbers and dots. I kept it on 20 and that was perfect. The handle closest to the wall is the water pressure. It might take a minute or two for adjustments so set the temperature and let it run a bit before you get in.

Enjoy...I wish I was going again soon!

Denise

Century 05/08/04

Constellation 01/22/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;01;22;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Denise

Thank you. I'm going to write this down about the shower so I don't forget. We're in 1207 sailing Jan 22/05.

Toni

cat01.gif <applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=1>

<param name="day" value=22>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

Jan 22/05 Century

Jan 11/04 Victory

Jan 11/03 Sensation

Toni..I'll be sailing on the Constellation same day!!!

The Century was a wonderful ship. Loved our Butler, Richard, Room Attendant, Saturnino and our Waiter, Luis. Very nice people!!!

Century 05/08/04

Constellation 01/22/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;01;22;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hey Denise

That's great! I just had a look at your itinerary and it looks wonderful. Is this the first time you've done the Constellation? Are you in a Sky Suite?

Maybe our ships will pass each other along the way!! icon_wink.gif

Toni icon_smile.gif

cat01.gif <applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=1>

<param name="day" value=22>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

Jan 22/05 Century

Jan 11/04 Victory

Jan 11/03 Sensation

Archived