Can we change the names on our tickets?

tapyeno

We had booked for my wife and two daughters aged 14 and 16, to go on the Holland America Mediterannean Cruise, on the Noordam, 12 - 19th August. Sadly, my wife has cancer, and it appears now that she is going to need chemo and we will be unlikely to go. We have tonight asked her sister and husbamd if they would take our place so the girls get a holiday and they have agreed.

We booked our flights, London to Rome, and the cruise with Virgin.

Does anyone know if we will be able to change the names on the tickets and what sort of charge they will sting us for?

Many thanks,

Pat Mahoney

Sorry for your wife's illness.

For the cruise, generally, one original passenger must remain in each cabin. There is usually a charge to change the other passengers (I think $50). This is just for the cruise. The air will depend on the type of tickets you got. I would contact your TA.

Agree, you are going to have to check with Virgin if you booked directly with them, or your TA if you used one. You have not only the cruise tickets, but the air tickets to worry about.

Did you book through Virgin Holidays? If so, you may want to read through their Terms and Conditions:

http://www.virginholidayscruises.co.uk/legals.php

See especially #9

Archived