Camp Carnival-Pre-registration

ACRmom

How important is it to pre-register my children (17,10 & 3)? The way we were booked, adults in one room, kids in room next door, it won't allow me to pre-register, it gives me a message-person over 18 needs to be in room to register (or something along those lines). So should I not worry and just do it on board? I don't want to mess with reservations if I don't have to. Thanks in advance for any and all help!! :)

I am very confused how you were even able to book a room this way. Guests under the age of 21 must be booked in a cabin with a guardian or parent 25 or older.

I booked directly with Carnival, I also thought I would need to split up DH with 1 or 2 boys, me with the other(s), since that's what we had to do a few years ago. The lady said that since we were next to each other (not even connecting), it was allowed. I figured she knew what she was doing and just left it this way. So far, the only problem I have had is with the pre-registration. I don't want to mess with the booking if I don't have to, that's why I was asking if it is a big deal just to fill out paperwork for Camp Carnival once on board.

You don't have to pre register the kids for the camp activites. There's a welcome aboard activity around dinner time the first night that you can register the kids and meet the counselors. The 17 yr old will have a welcome aboard party in one place and the two younger children will have a party/registration in another room. Hope this helps.

If I could give you one piece of advice it would be DON'T MESS WITH YOUR BOOKINGS! We have four children, and this past year, I was trying to set up our sail and sign accounts, so PVP moved stuff around so I could get signing privileges for our older sons....What a mess at boarding!!! Should have taken us 10 min. at the counter...took over a hour and still had to wait until on board to get it taken care of!!! Camp Carnival registration like others said is quick and painless....Hope this helps!!:)

Thank you for all your help!! I had no problems with funpass acceptance or onboard acct info, it was just the camp registration. Now I know how easy it is I won't worry about it. Thanks again!

Kristen

Thank you for all your help!! I had no problems with funpass acceptance or onboard acct info, it was just the camp registration. Now I know how easy it is I won't worry about it. Thanks again!

Kristen

You can even register the kids directly at the camp if you miss the orientation. Although, I would suggest if you have not previously utilized the service, it would be best to attend. Just to get familiar with the faces and rules. Plus, they host fun activities immediately following orientation and your kids can meet Funship Freddy!

Have fun!

On our cruise three weeks ago we couldn't pre-register since the kids were in an inside cabin across the hall, and we missed the Camp Carnival registration because we weren't finished dinner. Not a problem - I just filled out the form the next morning. Do keep in mind, though, that if your kids have any medical conditions - even if they don't need medication during the day - they will want to know about it. Our youngest has asthma, and although it's controlled with morning and evening medications and he hasn't needed his inhaler in months, they still wanted it documented.

Archived