Hotels near Galveston Port

menmoo

We are cruising out of Galveston, Tx Nov 2010. I am trying to find a hotel that has Free parking and shuttle to the port. Anyone know of such a place?

Try the Harbor House. It is right there by the cruise pier and I believe allows you to keep your vehicle parked there the entire week with no extra cost. I do know that it is within walking distance to the pier, and it shouldn't be a problem to walk across the street even with luggage. I have never stayed there, but have some friends that have and they said it was very nice. Not sure what your price range is, but I looked into the hotel for another event in Galveston and it was about $220 for Sat night. Here is their website so you can check it out.......http://www.harborhousepier21.com

We like to stay at the Holiday Inn Seawall West. Brand new hotel about two years old, and you can get average rates after August of about 60-70 a night. Its not near the pier and you would need a cab or to take your own car, but if you still pay to park at Lighthouse or Port of Galveston, for about $50 (or free for military/vets) you're still out $100 cheaper than Harbor House, plus Harbor House is a smaller hotel and hard to get into sometimes! :p Have fun!

This past January, we stayed at Holiday Inn Express, out on the Seawall, it is a very nice motel, wonderful breakfast and yes they do have free shuttle as well as parking. We have stayed at t he Harbor House twice, it was ok but they do charge quite a bit for parking and then you have to walk to the terminal or else drive drop off luggage and then park and walk.......not fun. There are many hotels that offer parking and shuttle though. Have fun on your cruise.

Originally Posted by texas greeneyes viewpost.gif

Hey Everyone,

As of February 2010, I checked cruise parking & shuttle information for most if not all the hotels in Galveston. My results are below, listed in order of guest satisfaction (based on travelers’ reviews on my favorite travel website).

Hope this is helpful!

Patty

Escapes to the Gulf at Galveston (800) 757-9730

Two night minimum, free cruise parking, no shuttle

The Galvestonian (409) 765-6161

No cruise parking, no shuttle

Comfort Suites Galveston @ 3606 89th St. (409) 741-9977

Cruise parking & shuttle $20 taxable one-time fee per room

Hotel Galvez (409) 765-7721

No cruise parking, no shuttle

Quality Inn and Suites Galveston (409) 740-1088

Free cruise parking, no shuttle

The Tremont House

Pay $15.16 for valet parking at the Tremont, show proof at the Hotel Galvez to receive free parking and shuttle

Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites (409) 740-2431

Two night minimum, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Harbor House (409) 763-3321

Cruise parking $30, no shuttle (in walking distance to cruise terminal)

Moody Gardens Hotel (409) 741-8484

Free cruise parking, free shuttle

Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort, 1702 Seawall @ 23rd St., (409) 762-4141

Free cruise parking, one-way shuttle TO terminal only, $20

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston, 5002 Seawall @53rd St., (409) 740-3581

Free cruise parking, free shuttle

Inn at the Waterpark (409)

The San Luis Resort (409) 744-1500

Free cruise parking, and shuttle at adjacent Hilton

Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston (409) 744-3000

Hilton Galveston Island Resort (409) 744-5000

Free cruise parking and shuttle

Days Inn Galveston (409) 740-2491

Beachcomber Inn (409) 744-7133

Candlewood Suites Galveston (409) 744-4440

Cruise parking $25, no shuttle

Best Western Beachfront Inn (409) 740-1261

Super 8 Galveston (409) 740-6640

Free cruise parking until summer (May 15 still free) , no shuttle

La Quinta Inn Galveston, 1402 Seawall, (409) 763-1224

Commodore on the Beach (800) 231-9921

Hawthorn Suites at The Victorian Resort (409) 740-3555

Cruise parking $35 (rep stated “for security”), free shuttle

Springhill Suites Galveston Island (409) 740-9443

No cruise parking (available only until April), no shuttle

Howard Johnson Express Galveston (409) 744-1100

Free cruise parking, shuttle $10

La Quinta Inn and Suites Galveston, 8710 Seawall, (409) 740-9100

Cruise parking $15, shuttle $15

Comfort Inn & Suites Stewart Beach (409) 766-7070

Cruise parking w/out shuttle $35, parking & shuttle pkg (add’l fees) available by booking through parksleepfly.com only

Motel 6 (409) 740-3794

Hampton Inn and Suites Galveston (409) 744-5600

Cruise parking $45, no shuttle

Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront (409) 741-9977

Free cruise parking, shuttle $20 per person each way

Econo Lodge (409) 750-9400

Best Value Inn & Suites (409) 740-9000

Patty

, but if you still pay to park at Lighthouse or Port of Galveston, for about $50 (or free for military/vets) you're still out $100 cheaper than Harbor House, plus Harbor House is a smaller hotel and hard to get into sometimes!

Are you saying there is free parking for military and vets? Thanks for any info...

Another vote for the Harbor House. I have never had to pay to stay there -- I thought I would last time and they told me not to worry about it. I take Mom over to the terminal and drop her off with luggage, drive back to the Harbor House and park and walk back. When we return, leave Mom with luggage at curb, walk over to get car, return and pick Mom and luggage up and we are on our way while everyone else is still waiting for the shuttles.

It would easily be worth the $30 they are supposed to charge for the convenience.

I also really like being able to watch the ship sail in the morning of the cruise and manuever into the dock -- from my hotel window. We love the Harbor House and are actually staying there this weekend while we are in Galveston for something other than cruise.

Every hotel/motel on island is close to the port!

The island is three miles wide.

See Galveston Fun Map for bearings

As far as free parking we live here and are not familiar with all that.

There are plenty of threads on that subject on this forum.

But in reading the threads myself make your deal with hotel and get it in writing. Things can change on weekly basis,

depending on nature and extent of activities occurring that week

on the island. Parking changes can occur like the room rates.

Tremont and Harbor House are within 3 blocks of port and are owned along with Galvez by same. They all have various parking options.

I don't know if anybody mentioned it but Harbour House requires a 2 night stay minimum.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Seawall 2 times now and never had a problem. They have free parking and a free shuttle. Had reservation for this nov there but we added more people to our cruise and they don't have anymore rooms for that weekend so I booked the Laquinta west. Hope it's decent. :o

I don't know if anybody mentioned it but Harbour House requires a 2 night stay minimum.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Seawall 2 times now and never had a problem. They have free parking and a free shuttle. Had reservation for this nov there but we added more people to our cruise and they don't have anymore rooms for that weekend so I booked the Laquinta west. Hope it's decent. :o

La Quinta West - A newer hotel to Island and for a good medium priced chain should be fine.

:o

Not always the case. In the offseason, they often don't require it. And if they do, you can call back and talk to someone else, and then they don't require it. It's hit or miss. Just an fyi.

Well they should fix that. I don't call them because it says 2 night minimum and we only stay one night

You're right, they totally should. Unfortunately, most places in Galveston are operating on island time...they're just really lax about everything. It's nice if you live here, but tough to get anything accomplished.

Also, good point about the motorcyle rally. It's usually the first weekend in November, and besides spring break, is usually the busiest weekend on the island all year.

To my knowledge, the free parking for Disabled Vets, Purple Heart Recipients, and Travel Agents is only with the Port of Galveston Official Parking Lots. Click here http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml for details concerning the necessary documentation.

The other lots are as follows:

Discount Cruise Parking http://www.discountcruiseparking.net/

81st Dolphin Parking http://www.galvestonparking.net/

EZ Cruise Parking http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Lighthouse Cruise Parking http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the information on that long list is incorrect. Hotel Galvez does indeed have a shuttle. Cruise parking is free, you just pay parking for the nights that you stay in the hotel. Have stayed there many times. I too can verify that Harbour House is a 2 night minimum only during high demand times. Same with Hotel Galvez.

Also to the OP...what date are you looking at? I know the weekend we are sailing there is a motorcycle rally in galveston so all the hotels are getting full really fast!

Lone Star Motorcyle Rally is on Galveston Island Thursday thru Sunday, November 4 thru 7, 2010.

The reason hotels are filling up fast is

because there will be 200,000+ visitors on the island over the 4 day event.

Some of the information on that long list is incorrect. Hotel Galvez does indeed have a shuttle. Cruise parking is free, you just pay parking for the nights that you stay in the hotel. Have stayed there many times. I too can verify that Harbour House is a 2 night minimum only during high demand times. Same with Hotel Galvez.

Yes!

Information is only as correct as the day you talk to them

and with documented reservations.

Supply and demand will change with nature and extent of events

and with time of the year.

Galveston is a tourist and event destination city.

As example there are two first class convention centers on the island.

I can vouch for nice rooms for the San Luis and the Holiday Inn on the Seawall. I haven't stayed at the Harbor House but the people I know who did love it.

The La Quinta west is fairly new and should be a solid choice - that chain has been pretty consistent lately.

As for (non-hotel) parking near the port, I was happy with EZ Cruise and they usually run web specials if you pre-reserve.

Archived