Whale watching St Johns

We are due in St Johns Oct 4th and my wife would like to do some whale watching. The ships tour is quite expensive (About $130) would we be better doing this here or in Bal Habour the day before.

That is really a bit late in the year for this. However, don't trust me. Do some research on Google and TripAdvisor.

The best place for whale watching is the Digby/Briar island region in Nova Scotia. You will want to come back to the Maritimes for a land trip, and you perhaps can go there then.

That is really a bit late in the year for this. However, don't trust me. Do some research on Google and TripAdvisor.

The best place for whale watching is the Digby/Briar island region in Nova Scotia. You will want to come back to the Maritimes for a land trip, and you perhaps can go there then.

Thanks Maryann :). I thought that may be the case. I think I'll try the cheaper one in Bal Hobour it's a bit further south which I'm told may be a better bet at that time of year

is this St. John's, Newfoundland? If yes, i have to agreed with the other poster that it is late in the year for whales. They are most active from about mid june through July/August in my experience.

is this St. John's, Newfoundland? If yes, i have to agreed with the other poster that it is late in the year for whales. They are most active from about mid june through July/August in my experience.

I wanted to whale watch in Sept. in St. John's Newfoundland, but the tour companies that I contacted said that it's too late in the season for whales and most of the puffins are gone too.

Archived