Pre-Cruise Hotel in Miami

Simply Paradise

We are looking for a Miami Hotel that can accommodate out needs. We are driving and have a car to park for 7 days, 2 other couples (Michigan/Virginia) are flying. We need airport pick up/delivery and port delivery/pick up. Any Suggestions???? This is for December, 2010.:cool:

We stayed at I think it was Best Western on the bay

They have free airport pickup (Miami only) and shuttle to port. Not to fancy, but nice. There is a supermarket 1-2 block walk away. Pool and restaurant (Shuckers) onsite, ok breakfast included, Free Wifi. It is also within 5 min walk of 4-5 good restaurants (The sushi place was excellent and the seafood (Crab Shack) place was good- have stayed there two separate times)

And it is not to expensive. I have no idea about extended parking.

Check out parksleepandfly.com You'll find what you need there.

Make sure you check out the specific hotels for their location. Some are in areas where I wouldn't want to leave my car unsecured. Also double check shuttle services as they can change as far as schedule and availibility. You might want to read some reviews on tripadvisor and also come back here for specific hotel questions.

la Quinta East is mentioned here often.

Most hotels will not pick you up from the port post cruise. But there are tons of cabs.

LQ East gets mixed reviews on these boards; hotels in the Blue Lagoon area get better reviews, with shopping and dining options across the street from the Hampton Inn and only a short walk from many others. A shuttle to the port runs $10 per person (book with the front desk) or you can cab it for under $30 including tip - same price to get back to your car after the cruise. Good luck!:)

• 3 weeks later...
LQ East gets mixed reviews on these boards; hotels in the Blue Lagoon area get better reviews, with shopping and dining options across the street from the Hampton Inn and only a short walk from many others. A shuttle to the port runs $10 per person (book with the front desk) or you can cab it for under $30 including tip - same price to get back to your car after the cruise. Good luck!:)

Thanks - I'll check it out!

We stayed at I think it was Best Western on the bay

They have free airport pickup (Miami only) and shuttle to port. Not to fancy, but nice. There is a supermarket 1-2 block walk away. Pool and restaurant (Shuckers) onsite, ok breakfast included, Free Wifi. It is also within 5 min walk of 4-5 good restaurants (The sushi place was excellent and the seafood (Crab Shack) place was good- have stayed there two separate times)

And it is not to expensive. I have no idea about extended parking.

I'll second that. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at BW Inn and Marina in North Bay Village - good shuttles from airport and to port. Highly recommended. Shuckers was excellent.

The Best Western on the Bay is, at best, just an OK motel. It is not as nice as dozens of airport business hotels. It is located about 14 miles from the airport and about 8-9 miles from the port. Its principal attraction is for those who absolutely refuse to ride in a cab.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/medium/Best_Western_1.jpg

The Best Western on the Bay is, at best, just an OK motel. It is not as nice as dozens of airport business hotels. It is located about 14 miles from the airport and about 8-9 miles from the port. Its principal attraction is for those who absolutely refuse to ride in a cab.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/medium/Best_Western_1.jpg

Well, I'd have to disagree. This hotel was very nice. Best beds I think I've ever slept in at a hotel. Our view looked out over the bay, very nice. Close by liquor and grocery store, The pool was very nice, clean and warm. Staff very friendly, Shuckers was a very nice bar with good drinks and excellent meals. The airport shuttle was prompt and we were going to take a cab to the port, but decided to take the shuttle instead since it was there and waiting and had plenty of room at 12 noon.

Archived