What does it mean if 8A is not listed for a sailing?

and this sailing is almost a year off? I am brousing possible sailings for other daughter's birthday next summer. I like the idea of an eastern route. When checking, I found some with good prices but one had no 8A's listed at all. The entire category was deleted.

Does this mean there is some huge convention going to onboard? If so, how do I find out?

Or could it be some TA co. that has it all booked?

Anyway I can find out? If there is a convention onboard will likely go with another cruise.

Google the ship name and sailing date and see what comes up. Certain categories not showing this far out could well mean that one or more agencies has purchased a block of cabins in that category, hoping to sell them at a good price before final payment date. If they don't sell, the agency will release the unsold inventory nearer the sail date.

and this sailing is almost a year off? I am brousing possible sailings for other daughter's birthday next summer. I like the idea of an eastern route. When checking, I found some with good prices but one had no 8A's listed at all. The entire category was deleted.

Does this mean there is some huge convention going to onboard? If so, how do I find out?

Or could it be some TA co. that has it all booked?

Anyway I can find out? If there is a convention onboard will likely go with another cruise.

TA's can block a group of cabins without paying for them until sold or at final payment date. So one TA could have 25 cabins blocked on your cruise and another have 10 blocked and so on.

Sometimes the carnival sites show a category or 2 higher than the ones that are actually available. I am sure you probably already did this, but did you click on the edit button to see all categories available or just notice that the rooms started with 8B and higher and thought all 8As were gone?

I did click the edit button and all the 8A's were gone. I also googled several TA sites to check and for the ones that I could get pricing, they also did not list the 8A category. I was able to figure those that advertised a lower price were for Balcony guarantees. I guess that's what is going on and all those are balcony guarantees, but it just seems weird.

Then, another cruise the lowest balcony cabin category available was 8D.

I think I will just call Carnival and see what I can find out.

Anyone else run into this?

Anyone else run into this?

Not that far out!! As others have said - probably some TA's booked blocks of cabins. Did you search for the ship/date to see if there are any groups? I know that one summer we hit a massive group on Valor - literally 2/3 of the ship was with a church group. (yep - 2,000 people!!) I now check all sailings i am interested in to see if any groups are booked on them.

Not that far out!! Did you search for the ship/date to see if there are any groups? I know that one summer we hit a massive group on Valor - literally 2/3 of the ship was with a church group. (yep - 2,000 people!!) I now check all sailings i am interested in to see if any groups are booked on them.

How do you check to see about groups? Is there a website?

Are you trying to book the rate through ES? I had this happen recently with concerns to my January cruise on the Valor. I was told by my pvp that the reason I wasn't seeing the 8A & 8B rooms was because ES was not offered for them.

Are you trying to book the rate through ES? I had this happen recently with concerns to my January cruise on the Valor. I was told by my pvp that the reason I wasn't seeing the 8A & 8B rooms was because ES was not offered for them.

MYSTERY SOLVED, Thank you Babyjacks17!

I tried again and used Fun Saver rather than Early Saver, and now the 8A's are showing up. Makes me feel alot better that there is not some huge group on board.

I also did the same with the other sailing that listed 8D as the lowest cabin. Same thing happened and all the rest appeared.

I didn't realize that only certain categories were eligible for ES. Learn something new every day.

Oh well, I would be happy with the 8B. I think I prefer the Empress deck to the Upper anyway, less chance of noise. Now I just need to talk husband into letting me go ahead and book.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

MYSTERY SOLVED, Thank you Babyjacks17!

I tried again and used Fun Saver rather than Early Saver, and now the 8A's are showing up. Makes me feel alot better that there is not some huge group on board.

I also did the same with the other sailing that listed 8D as the lowest cabin. Same thing happened and all the rest appeared.

I didn't realize that only certain categories were eligible for ES. Learn something new every day.

Oh well, I would be happy with the 8B. I think I prefer the Empress deck to the Upper anyway, less chance of noise. Now I just need to talk husband into letting me go ahead and book.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Glad I could be of some help! No worries, this was news to me as well. I was VERY interested in booked an 8A extended balcony room but I couldn't justify paying for an 8A while the 8C was 70$ cheaper and I was already locked into ES. Had I not already booked prior, I would have gone with the past guest rate. Ah well, we live & we learn right? :)

Archived