When 2 ships in port at Grand Turk...

CWNNP

I am considering a family cruise on the Destiny where it stops at Grand Turk at 11am, and on the same day the Queen Mary 2 will already have docked at 8am.

With 2 large ships in port, and with our ship docking so late in the morning, I am thinking it will be unbearably crowded in the Margaritaville pool, and maybe too crowded at any beaches on the tiny island?

We were on a cruise on the Elation in 2007 where we stopped in Grand Turk. We got off the ship very early in the morning and had a super morning enjoying the rather uncrowded area, and no other ships were docked that day... we are not fans of crowded pools or beaches.

I would love to hear from some of you who have been in port in Grand Turk when there are 2 large ships there... What did you think of the pool area and of the beaches while there with 4000-5000 other people there??

Thanks! :)

just there last month, there were 2 ships there, one there before us. A short walk down the beach from M-ville is place called Jack's Shack Bar.......you will love it. Look it up on line. You will have a great time. He has even dredged the beach in front of his place.....NO ROCKS!!!!

We docked at 11am this May, a HAL ship was right behind us and docked around noon. With the hour space and so many people on excursions, it really wasn't bad. I mean the beach right near the dock was busy, but you can always bang a right and go down to governers beach, never very busy.

Thanks for your responses/suggestions.

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I am thinking it would be...

Which beach do you think would be more suitable for young children (6, 8, and 11 yrs) the beach at Jack's shack or Governor's?

We will be on the QM2 that day, and will definitely be at Margaritaville! Looking at the Grand turk schedule, I see that on Dec. 2, there will be three ships there...two Carnival and Seabourn Sojourn. She must be tendering...EM

Thanks for your responses/suggestions.

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I am thinking it would be...

Which beach do you think would be more suitable for young children (6, 8, and 11 yrs) the beach at Jack's shack or Governor's?

I think you should consider renting one of the Cabana's at M'Ville....they are great to go in and get cooled off, you have a buzzer to call for bar service and the proximity to the huge pool and the beach is great. See if you can get either 13 or 14 to be closest to the beach.

I've always had another large ship with me at that port and crowding was never really an issue.

I think you should consider renting one of the Cabana's at M'Ville....they are great to go in and get cooled off, you have a buzzer to call for bar service and the proximity to the huge pool and the beach is great. See if you can get either 13 or 14 to be closest to the beach.

I've always had another large ship with me at that port and crowding was never really an issue.

OP would be there on Dec. 16, so a need to cool off won't be an issue...It will be quite comfortable, especially if you grab a table in the shade. EM

Archived