Mariner in St Thomas Today

Just figured I would drop a line. I am now in St Thomas on the Mariner. Its windy and this ship has been rocking since we left. I have been on 2 other voyagers and have never had this problem.

Gather your questions and I will answer them on Monday.

Good luck getting tix for the ice show unless you have an hour to kill to wait in line.

In case anyone was wondering the horses were all auctiond off for over 400$.

I havent seen chris moneymaker yet... did see a bunch of hoochie mamas that are being filmed for some sort of reality show and calender.

Crazy week so far...

Good luck getting tix for the ice show unless you have an hour to kill to wait in line.

We have never had to wait to get tickets. Just walked up and picked them up! The trick is NOT to go at the beginning of times the tickets are being offered. Go toward the end of that time and all the lines will be gone. :) There are plenty of tickets to go around. We had 14 in our group this last time.

OK, Princess (Golden or Grand) is first then Mariner and Disney is anchored. I can't make out which ship is behind Mariner. Any thoughts??

I didn't realize the pier was long enough to get three ships along side with two of them being Grand and Voyager class ships.

The third ship looks like one of the RCI Radiance class like Brilliance, Radiance, Serenade etc. It's a bit smaller than the Navigator but not as much of a difference as something like Enchantment or Legend would be. Just a guess...

According to cruisecal, the following ships are in St. Thomas today:

Star Princess

Mariner of the Seas

Costa Mediterranea

Disney Magic

Carnival Victory

I think that's Mediterranea behind Mariner. I guess Victory is at anchor somewhere outside the scope of the photo. I don't see the whale tail anywhere. :)

I think the tale is blocked by the darkness of the island. The front (of the ship) sure looks like the Carnival Victory.

Yes, Costa is owned by Carnival and have some identical looking ships. All were made at Fincatieri (the Italian shipbuilder, sorry if I spelled the name wrong).

USA_grid.jpg

We were in St. Thomas 2 weeks ago on the Mariner and the Costa ship was docked at another pier, not the same ones in the picture but one around on the other side of the island. We only saw the Costa ship because we went on an excursion and saw it.

Hey there all! Just one question to delasolbaltimore. Who is currently the cruise director this week? I was just wondering since i heard Kirk Detweiler was supposed to be cruise director until June but heard Simeon Baker has been cruise director. Hope you have a great cruise!

- Taylor :)

Simeon Baker said that he was going on vacation starting this week. Also Captain Johnny was to have gone on vacation starting this week - Feb 6th. We just got off of the Mariner this past Sunday and it was announced then.

RCIcruzer204 - I was surprised to see that Kirk is your favorite cruise director. We have sailed with him before, and I have to say that he is our least favorite. By chance have you ever sailed with Becky "Hello Luv" Thomson, Richard Spacey or Matt Baker? What is it that you found special about Kirk?

We've sailed with just Kirk twice(on Mariner and Adventure) and Richard Spacey on the Voayger. I found Kirk to be more active than Richard and found him a bit funnier. Richard was great but we never saw him around and Kirk was everywhere you went! Why don't you like him? lol...Until next time....

-Taylor :)

Archived