Possible to get cheaper drinks than Bar Menu advertises?

I wonder if you could keep costs down by specifying house or well liquor. For some drinks, you want the good stuff, but I can't see the point of using Zodiac vodka (whatever the hell that is) in a Bloody Mary or putting Patron Reposado (a sipping tequila) into a 10-to-1 ratio of frozen margarita mix. Some garden variety Cuervo (hell, some cheap-ass Dos Dedos or Ole) mixed with that much frozen sour mix is going to yield virtually the same drink at 1/5 the cost.

If you order a "well" or "house" margarita rather than the one in the bar menu using Patron, can you get it for less than $10 (incl. gratuity?)

I think most of the drinks of the day, etc. are already well liquor, unless you ask for the upgrade. One thing that will keep costs down is if you wish to purchase a drink say from around the pool area, tell them you don't want it in a souvenir glass. One or two is fine, but who needs 12 royal caribbean glasses. They add a about 2 bucks to the drink cost give or take. Many people don't know this is even an option and they don't take the glass or plastic souvenier cup with them anyway.

I wonder if you could keep costs down by specifying house or well liquor. For some drinks, you want the good stuff, but I can't see the point of using Zodiac vodka (whatever the hell that is) in a Bloody Mary or putting Patron Reposado (a sipping tequila) into a 10-to-1 ratio of frozen margarita mix. Some garden variety Cuervo (hell, some cheap-ass Dos Dedos or Ole) mixed with that much frozen sour mix is going to yield virtually the same drink at 1/5 the cost.

If you order a "well" or "house" margarita rather than the one in the bar menu using Patron, can you get it for less than $10 (incl. gratuity?)

Not your serious about the Two Fingers (Dos Dedos), are you?!!!

The bar menu specifies premium liquors in most of the advertised drinks. The margaritas are listed aroun $9 and have patron in them. No reason to waste $$ on patron if you're not drinking it straight.

I don't think they stock a lot of the non-premium liquor.

###

You may save a little money on drinks by tipping your bartender a little extra and getting to know them a little. I've found a extra buck or two here and there and suddenly your singles are doubles or triples for the price of a single. Doesn't really work for beer or wine though.

Cheers

You may save a little money on drinks by tipping your bartender a little extra and getting to know them a little. I've found a extra buck or two here and there and suddenly your singles are doubles or triples for the price of a single. Doesn't really work for beer or wine though.

Cheers

I can't agree more with the making friends with the bartender. A cruise I went on, always went to the same bar and made friends with 2 of the bartenders there, I always got stronger drinks and occasionally free ones, and free soda's a couple of times. I also tipped them VERY well at the end of the week. PLUS I made new friends, what could be better?

Archived