Dissapointed that Chicago is the musical on Allure

Went on the Oasis last year and my daughter, then 8,really loved Hairspray. She saw it a second time she liked it so much. I know that there are other activities that cater to this age group but my daughter has an appreciation for the arts and live theater. I was really looking forward to seeing the show that would be on Allure. I am certainly not excited about seeing Chicago. That show is certainly not suitable for a nine year old. If we do go to see it, there will much explaining to do about some of the scenes. Really wish something more appropriate for everyone was chosen!!!! Really disappointed about RCI's choice being Chicago!!! :(

Went on the Oasis last year and my daughter, then 8,really loved Hairspray. She saw it a second time she liked it so much. I know that there are other activities that cater to this age group but my daughter has an appreciation for the arts and live theater. I was really looking forward to seeing the show that would be on Allure. I am certainly not excited about seeing Chicago. That show is certainly not suitable for a nine year old. If we do go to see it, there will much explaining to do about some of the scenes. Really wish something more appropriate for everyone was chosen!!!! Really disappointed about RCI's choice being Chicago!!! :(

They always have Shrek:)

There is so much else on the ship for youngsters including the aqua show and the ice skating show, Shrek activities, etc. For me, I am glad there is one show with a more adult appeal.

I am biased, I admit, because I really like Chicago, so I can't wait to see it. That said, I did very much enjoy Hairspray on Oasis, even though I didn't like the movie.

I'm sorry, BUT...Cruise amenities (except for designated CHILDRENS amenities) are NOT built around the wants of an 8 year old!! ADULTS work hard all year and beyond to be able to take a cruise. There is much more for your CHILD to do onboard the vessel other than the show!! If you are so worried about what your child wants, then go on Disney! Or, take the child to Broadway. But I can assure you that if ADULTS that pay to cruise discovered that the show was changed because it did not meet the family type criteria, there would be a LOT more dissapointment than that you feel for your CHILD!! Ever think that just MAYBE, a PAYING adult may want to see Chicago? To this day I love how some people can be so selfish (especially when it comes to an 8 year olds wants). Some cruise lines base their amenities on ADULTS (like RCCL) and some are more family oriented (like Disney and Carnival). Don't expect the world to change because you 8 year old doesn't like the on board show!!:eek:

This is a perfect example of to each their own.

Hairspray may appeal to many including 8 year olds, but I'll take the music and dance numbers of Chicago any day.

RCCL may have chosen to partner with DreamWorks to balance the "adult" theme of Chicago and any other production.

I can't wait for our cruise in April to judge the show for myself!!!!!

Happy sails

~ Liz

I'm sorry, BUT...Cruise amenities (except for designated CHILDRENS amenities) are NOT built around the wants of an 8 year old!! ADULTS work hard all year and beyond to be able to take a cruise. There is much more for your CHILD to do onboard the vessel other than the show!! If you are so worried about what your child wants, then go on Disney! Or, take the child to Broadway. But I can assure you that if ADULTS that pay to cruise discovered that the show was changed because it did not meet the family type criteria, there would be a LOT more dissapointment than that you feel for your CHILD!! Ever think that just MAYBE, a PAYING adult may want to see Chicago? To this day I love how some people can be so selfish (especially when it comes to an 8 year olds wants). Some cruise lines base their amenities on ADULTS (like RCCL) and some are more family oriented (like Disney and Carnival). Don't expect the world to change because you 8 year old doesn't like the on board show!!:eek:

I would place RCCL VERY much in the "family oriented" column.

appreciate the feedback. even yours bajathree. everyone's got their own opinion. just expressing mine. I place rci in the family category of cruise lines and just think that of all the wonderful musicals that could have been chosen its a shame that rci had to choose chicago. I myself was shocked by it when i saw it in the movies. Went with friends who hadn't realized it had such strong adult themes.

appreciate the feedback. even yours bajathree. everyone's got their own opinion. just expressing mine. I place rci in the family category of cruise lines and just think that of all the wonderful musicals that could have been chosen its a shame that rci had to choose chicago. I myself was shocked by it when i saw it in the movies. Went with friends who hadn't realized it had such strong adult themes.

Isn't that a bit extreme?? It had only had a rating of PG13. :rolleyes:

I think someone needs to lay off the coffee!! It was afterall, just an opinion by the OP, just as you are expressing yours. I'd agree with most other posters, RCI is a family oriented cruiseline - or are dreamworks now branching into adult themed cartoons - "Shrek vs Predator" anyone??:D:D

Got news for you. RCI is just much a family line or more so than Carnival. The Oasis/Freedom and Voyager class is proof of that. Also what demographic do you think RCI was going after by adding Dreamworks to the mix?

Bajathree. Just read your suggestion about Broadway. Just took her to see a show at the end of June. Thanks.

I suggest that you go back and read the post again and you will see that it was NOT Bajathree that made all of those comments. It was another poster.;)

I suggest that you go back and read the post again and you will see that it was NOT Bajathree that made all of those comments. It was another poster.;)

Getting in trouble now for something I didn't even say:eek:....thanks for having my back:)

Amazing!...So many choices and venue's for everyone onboard...I think Chicago is a great choice for Allure.....Again no matter what you do you will always have some negative feedback...Life is to short, what can I say...

Is that confirmed? May have to look into another reservation... :D

Not "officially" announced yet;) but it comes directly from a VERY reliable Royal source....the same that told me Chicago was going to be the show for Allure weeks before it was announced.

Archived