drinks menu

fazer59

Hello, "fazer59."

Here is a post that contains the comprehensive list of beverages, created from printed bar and MDR menus used on the Solstice in 2010:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25176918&postcount=17

It should help you to decide!

Please be aware that ...

(1) the Constellation's beverages may not be the same (or as extensive) as the Solstice's; and

(2) about twenty-two of the sixty wines listed as available by the glass can be ordered in the main dining room. The others can be ordered at various bars. If you need to know which are which, please let me know.

Hello, "fazer59."

Here is a post that contains the comprehensive list of beverages, created from printed bar and MDR menus used on the Solstice in 2010:

Hi - thank you - and if you can tell me how to upload it, I will share the Excel sheet I turned your amazing work into that I used to calculate whether the drink package was worth it. In my husband's case, it was, in mine it was not close enough to bother. I'll just drink what I want and assess halfway through if I made the right choice - and reduce my consumption if I didn't.

I just went through the list and clicked how many of each I expected us to drink (column for each) and Excel did the math.

Ain't computers grand!

Beth

Hi, all.

I appreciate your expressions of gratitude. Transcribing the beverage list from the photos of menus was a "labor of love." I enjoy doing that kind of detailed work. [i'm getting close to posting something about MDR menu options next. "Stay tuned" for that.]

Hi - thank you - and if you can tell me how to upload it, I will share the Excel sheet I turned your amazing work into that I used to calculate whether the drink package was worth it. In my husband's case, it was, in mine it was not close enough to bother. I'll just drink what I want and assess halfway through if I made the right choice - and reduce my consumption if I didn't. I just went through the list and clicked how many of each I expected us to drink (column for each) and Excel did the math. Ain't computers grand! Beth

Dear "bbappel" (Beth),

I've only been a member here for a month or so, and I haven't learned how to upload things. Sorry that I can't help you there, but I'm so pleased that you were able to create a worksheet that was helpful to you and your husband. You are very clever! Although I have been using Excel for many years, it has always been for reading others' work, never for creating my own.

Something that you just stated "rang a bell" (triggered a memory) for me -- and it is something that you may want to keep in mind as your cruise progresses.

As of now, you plan to "drink what" you "want and assess halfway through if" you "made the right choice - and reduce" your "consumption if" you "didn't."

Here's what I remembered:

Two or three weeks ago, at least two CC members stated that they heard of people who had purchases a package a few days into a cruise (apparently at a pro-rated price) -- after realizing that it was a good deal for them. One cannot buy a package for a specific day/days, but only for all (or the rest of) a cruise, I remember reading. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this claim but, if it is true, it may be helpful to you.

I hope that your cruise is wonderful!

John

Hello, "fazer59."

It should help you to decide!

Please be aware that ...

(1) the Constellation's beverages may not be the same (or as extensive) as the Solstice's; and

(2) about twenty-two of the sixty wines listed as available by the glass can be ordered in the main dining room. The others can be ordered at various bars. If you need to know which are which, please let me know.

Thanks for listing the prices will help me make my mind on the package for our Med cruise next year.....I did see a cocktail named "Tru Blu" with an explanation that it is "Blu's" signature drink. Do you or anyone else have any idea what this is? I loved Blu and can't believe I missed out on their signature drink!!!!:eek::)

Thanks for listing the prices will help me make my mind on the package for our Med cruise next year.....I did see a cocktail named "Tru Blu" with an explanation that it is "Blu's" signature drink. Do you or anyone else have any idea what this is? I loved Blu and can't believe I missed out on their signature drink!!!!:eek::)

Hello, "Gracie115."

I looked it up for you on the photo of a menu.

A "Tru Blu" (the "signature cocktail of Blu, created by Dale DeGroff") costs $9 and consists of Level [swedish brand] vodka, St. Germain [French alpine] elderflower liqueur, pomegranate juice, fresh grapefruit juice, and fresh lemon juice. It is supposed to be available at least in the Ensemble Lounge.

Here is a link where some opinions were expressed along with my eternal gratitude to jg51.

Please take a peek and see how some of us have analysed this purchase. I am still undecided, BTW, JG51 and would only go with the premium package if I were to go for it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1241001

Have fun deciding and keep us posted, Fazer.

Archived