Sight lines in the grand salon

MARIANH

One of the very few adverse comments about the new Seabourn larger ships is that the sightlines in the Grand Salon are poor. The presence of posts/ poles/ pillars/ columns - call them what you will- spoils the enjoyment of what is going on.

So my question therefore is will the Quest have a simliar problem? And is there anything that can be done to remove the obstructions. I am interested to know because we are looking to make a booking on the Quest. Not that this issue would necessarily affect my decision. Just interested to know.

One of the very few adverse comments about the new Seabourn larger ships is that the sightlines in the Grand Salon are poor. The presence of posts/ poles/ pillars/ columns - call them what you will- spoils the enjoyment of what is going on.

So my question therefore is will the Quest have a simliar problem? And is there anything that can be done to remove the obstructions. I am interested to know because we are looking to make a booking on the Quest. Not that this issue would necessarily affect my decision. Just interested to know.

We will not know until the ship is launched.

My advice is to get to the show early and you will not have to sit on a seat with restricted views.

We will not know until the ship is launched.

My advice is to get to the show early and you will not have to sit on a seat with restricted views.

Thankyou. I have to say that I am surprised that we have to wait for the launch. I would have thought the posts were a design feature that would be tied down early in design/ construction. Does anyone have more information?

As to seating. Again thankyou- sound advice. However we will need to avoid the front rows, as we have no desire to be selected as the target of some comedian's jokes. And no, I am not using the reference to reopen the comedian debate. No, been there, done that. Got roasted.

Always sit at the back,then you can escape without fuss if the act is rubbish,which I find is quite often on a ship.

That was just the sage advice given by Martita on the closed magicians thread.

It is a little disappointing to have only one respondent to my request re Quest. Usually posters are very knowledgable and willing to share. So I guess this must be a small piece of technical information that may not be clear at present. So no problem.

However, perhaps someone could confirm if Quest is a close "copy" of Odyssey and Sojourn and should therefore have very similar layout and features.

Thankyou in anticipation.

I believe the 3 larger Seabourn ships were originallydesigned to be "triplets!" Very similar in layouts and features.

MB

Many thanks for that. That is how I thought it would be; but was'nt sure.

regards

Perhaps no one else cares.

Thank you for that. Although, I am very busy at present like many other contributors to this site, I thought it would be discourteous to not respond.

You may very well be right that no one ( except L o S and Martita maybe) cares. But there again, it could be that people are too busy to be able to afford the time. And that is why I really appreciate your comments.

Just for information, the fact that I am visually challenged makes this issue of site lines very important to me. Hence my particular interest.

Please be assured that although at times we may appear to be poles apart we seem to share a common affection for Seabourn. Long may that continue. I am afraid I do not have enthusiasm for the many other cruise line threads that you contribute to . But that is entirely my fault and maybe ,in the future, I will have time to follow your example.

Anyhow, thank you for responding to my thread. I really appreciate it. Felicitations.

" Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer"

Muhammad Ali ( 1942 -) from More than a Hero

I think the issue is that the Odyssey and Sojourn are almost exactly alike and there is no reason to expect that certain structural details will be different on the Quest. Since we comment on what we know (well, almost always <g>), we cannot answer your question about the sight lines being changed on the last big sister on which no one has sailed or toured.. The sight lines on the first two ships have been commented on, but not obsessively, so we can assume that there are plenty of good seats available. I cannot comment since i never bothered with the Grand Salon on my 'O' cruise, because the entertainment offerings did not seem to warrant my attendance.

A while ago, I had a question, important to me, about the balconies on the 'O' and it took almost an act of God to get the information. Please just view the lack of responses as one of non-information. I cannot imagine that a structural impediment would keep you from booking a lovely cruise.

I think the issue is that the Odyssey and Sojourn are almost exactly alike and there is no reason to expect that certain structural details will be different on the Quest. Since we comment on what we know (well, almost always <g>), we cannot answer your question about the sight lines being changed on the last big sister on which no one has sailed or toured.. The sight lines on the first two ships have been commented on, but not obsessively, so we can assume that there are plenty of good seats available. I cannot comment since i never bothered with the Grand Salon on my 'O' cruise, because the entertainment offerings did not seem to warrant my attendance.

A while ago, I had a question, important to me, about the balconies on the 'O' and it took almost an act of God to get the information. Please just view the lack of responses as one of non-information. I cannot imagine that a structural impediment would keep you from booking a lovely cruise.

Thank you. Certainly nothing so minor would prevent me from booking as I said earlier. I look forward with eager expectation to the birth of a new member of the Seabourn family. And perhaps sharing again the delights of these wonderful ships with like minded enthusiasts.

Regards

Archived