Legend, Glory or Valor

9olivia

I am booking a cruise and hoping I can get some opinions on which ship would be best for us. We are a group of four that would be me (32) my daughter (5) my sister (27) and my mom (60). This is going to be a girls trip for the 4 of us and we'll be going in Feb. It's the first time cruising for all of us!

I think I've narrowed it down to 3 ships, the Glory and Valor both leave from the same port on the same day and make all the same ports, just in a different order. It seems like as the same class of ship they are pretty similar, right? Any opinions on if one is better than the other?

The other option is the Legend, which is a different class of ship but still goes to the same ports as above. The legend seems to be a bit smaller. We would prefer a ship that feels less crowded. Would Legend be better than Valor or Glory in this respect? The legend is a bit more expensive but it isn't enough to make a difference.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I know that the Valor is going into Dry Dock in February. We are going to do her next summer and we are doing the Legend this fall. I've done Conquest class and Spirit class before and each have their pluses and minuses. All in all, I like the Spirit class better than the Conquest class, but that is just me.

We just got off the Glory on Thursday and we sailed on the Legend in 2009. The Glory is definitely a bigger ship and I think it was a bit confusing to get around. The Legend is a great ship and in my opinion easier to get around. The Glory is one of those ships that has a deck the you have to go up or down one level to get around. We had the best cabin steward and waiters on the Legend. I traveled on the Legend with dh, ds (10), mil and fil. On the Glory just dh and I. The decor of both is very similiar. (We also cruised the Costa Atlantica this year and it is identical to the Legend). What ports do the Glory and Valor leave from? If the Legend is leaving from Tampa, that is the easiest port to embark and disembark.

I can't answer many questions about dining on the Glory. We ate in the dining room for breakfast and had anytime dining for dinner. Never ate at the buffet, but did try the pizza. On the Legend we had late seating dinner ( our waitstaff only had our table for late seating so we got the best service ever). Both have the sushi bar. Glory has the Mongolian wok, burrito bar and fish and chips. We tried the sushi on both ships and had fish and chips last week on the Glory.

If you have any other specific questions, I will try to answer. My vote would be the Legend, but any cruise would be fine with me!!!!!

For me i book a cruise based on price and itinerary! In my research for my last cruise the legend was a little more expensive than the valor for the same itinerary, we chose the Valor! I have sailed on the glory (my first cruise) and that ship was amazing! The Valor and Glory are sisters and the lay out is the same. I ultimately want to become an authority on all of the carnival ships! :) I just got a figure a way to sail more than 1 a year!

Thanks for all your opinions. Valor and Glory leave from Miami and Legend is from Tampa. The Legend is about $120 more expensive. Does anyone know if the camp carnival facilities are pretty similar?

Also, are there any rumors if valor getting anything new in dry dock? Or is just a time to paint and do maintenace? The cruise I am looking at is Feb 20 so I am assuming it would be right after it came out of the dock.

Thanks for all your opinions. Valor and Glory leave from Miami and Legend is from Tampa. The Legend is about $120 more expensive. Does anyone know if the camp carnival facilities are pretty

similar?

Also, are there any rumors if valor getting anything new in dry dock? Or is just a time to paint and do maintenace? The cruise I am looking at is Feb 20 so I am assuming it would be right after it came out of the dock.

I am pretty sure the camp carnival activities are, I had a conversation with my cousin who cruised legend last july, and she said they where amazing with here two daughters!

I recently read an article that they will be updating the serenity area as well as the water works! I really wish i could remember where i read this, sorry

I've been on Glory and Legend and given the choice would cruise Glory again before Legend. Going on Valor in Sept and am excited that it's a sister ship the Glory.

Camp Carnival on Legend seemed a little too tucked away and not easily accessible - it was always like trying to figure out a maze to get to Circle C which was right next door.

Also, I like the tiered seating of the Glory's pool area. I felt like I could see the stage and entertainment no matter where I was lounging. This is not possible on the Legend as the lido is more chopped up into several sections. Also - no big screen on the Legend yet.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Archived