Port shuttles in Mediterranean

It is never REQUIRED that you use Royal Caribbean's transportation options.

Unfortunately that isn't always the case if all you want to do is go into the town where you're docked. The only way to get out of the port and into the towns of Livorno and Marseille on our last cruise were either to pay for a taxi (and they can sometimes be reluctant to do the short journey) or to take the ship's shuttle. They are both big industrial ports and you cannot just walk out of them. The shuttle in Livorno was $7 each way and in Marseille was $10 return. If a family of four decided to take both shuttles that would cost almost $100 :eek:

To answer the OP, if you take a ship's tour it will pick you up right by the ship so you don't pay the shuttle charge.

Hi again, not read through all your posts but realise now you are on the over night in Venice Brilliance itinerary, we have done that one, lovely. There will be a mask 'ball' the night you leave Venice.

Unless you are extremely unfit do not under any circumstance use RCI's water shuttle, cost $35 when we did the cruise 2 years ago and it only drops you off at St. Marks square. Needless to say I had done my homework before the cruise. If you are reasonably fit it is not a long walk from the dock to Piazzale Roma where the vaporettos are, if you go on to Google Live maps it's easy to see the distance . Once at the Piazzale Roma square buy a pass for the vaporettos which will take you to all the islands , Murano etc. We bought a one day pass ,it lasts for 24 hours from the first time you use it and you just hop on/hop off all day.

TIP- public loos are very expensive in Venice never mind a drink in St. Mark's sq!!

We got off the vaporetto at the island cemetery , it was lovely to walk around and low and behold there was a loo there which was free !!

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vaporetto_routes.htm

So what is the cost to use the "loo" in Venice and which other ports have a cost to pay for the "potty"....in Venice how much and what Coins??? or should I keep handy....I know this is not unusual in Europe...just great to know ahead of time,

Thanks...

So what is the cost to use the "loo" in Venice .

I've never paid to use a loo in Venice - Just walk confidently into a large hotel (as if you're staying there), there are always loss on the ground floor, or use that old standy McDonalds ;)

So what is the cost to use the "loo" in Venice and which other ports have a cost to pay for the "potty"....in Venice how much and what Coins??? or should I keep handy....I know this is not unusual in Europe...just great to know ahead of time,

Thanks...

I believe you will need a 1 Euro coin to use the public loos in Venice. Or you can go to veniceconnected dot com and buy a public toilet pass. Honestly :D:D

There is a public bus which goes into the terminals and costs 2 euros one way, 3 for a return ticket.

That's the very bus I'm talking about, except I was unaware that it was a public one and thought it might be provided by whichever cruise line was in port.

When we are in Barcelona, we will have 2 large and 1 medium suitcase..

will it be difficult to get on the bus..won't they be crowded?

Archived