Radiance of the Seas or Carnival Triumph??

I am planning a 4 day Caribbean cruise with my 20 and 23 year old daughters in December and am debating whether to book the Carnival Triumph or RC Radiance of the Seas. Same itinerary. Have cruised with Carnival on three prior cruises, so the Triumph would be cheaper with my Past Cruiser discount. Have never cruised yet with RC. My daughters have never cruised yet. Any suggestions? What is the average age of the ROS cruise passengers?

progress.gifedit.gif

I am planning a 4 day Caribbean cruise with my 20 and 23 year old daughters in December and am debating whether to book the Carnival Triumph or RC Radiance of the Seas. Same itinerary. Have cruised with Carnival on three prior cruises, so the Triumph would be cheaper with my Past Cruiser discount. Have never cruised yet with RC. My daughters have never cruised yet. Any suggestions? What is the average age of the ROS cruise passengers?

Radiance class wasn't my favorite of the ships we've been on but many many people on here are very loyal to that class because of the good size and all of the glass. We liked it, we just prefer the ships with the promenade.

Radiance is a little newer, but I think the Triumph is also a nice ship. The age demographics are going to be the same.

The only reason I'm going to say the Radiance is because the weather is cool in NOLA in December and I would want to leave from the farthest port south that I could. The warmer weather on the first and last sea day alone would be worth the extra money IMO.

It would be the RCCI for me, also. We went in Nov/Dec out of Mobile and it was pretty cold the first day and then coming back. We froze getting off the ship. My husband said never again....also, I personally love the Radiance class, it is beautiful.

It is difficult to say much about the demographics you will find on the Radiance when it sails out of Tampa, since the ship will be doing shorter cruises than it usually does. Shorter cruises usually mean that the average age of the passenger will be higher though there is usually a good mix of ages on all RCI cruises. We were just on Radiance in Alaska and had a wonderful time. The ship is in excellent condition. We had none of the plumbing problems that were being experienced several months ago and the entertainment was very typical of what we have come to expect on all RCI ships. The ship is beautiful IMHO, while I find most Carnival ships to be on the loud and gaudy side. I think you will be happy on Radiance and I think your daughters first experience will be a real WOW for them. There should certainly be enough others on the ship their age so that they won't feel that they are trapped in a floating senior center.;)

Archived