Got the places. need help with when to go

hftmrock

Ok, I think my family has decided on the places and things we want to do but we are unsure the best plan to go...

We are docking at 8am on a Tuesday and leaving 5pm on Thursday.

so we have 3 days to spend in Bermuda...

Here is what we want to do.

--Go tour and Shop with one of the taxi's with the blue flag for 4 or 5 hours

--Do Hartley's Helmet Dive

--Go to at least 1 or 2 of the beaches (Horseshoe or Tobacco?) to relax for a few hours

--Go to the Aquarium and Zoo

My problem is deciding on when to do things. None of these are night things and so we might do somethings at night but for the normal daytime hours.. when do you recommend we do things?

BTW its me, my DW, my DS (15) and my DD (9)

I appreciate the help.

EDIT - also want to do some shopping in Hamilton (not sure if I should do that while touring in taxi or not)

FYI...just so you don't make advance plans for the wrong day, your ship arrives Wednesday at 8am and departs Friday at 5 pm. Here are some possibilities...just my personal opinion.

I assume you've never been to Bermuda before, so my recommendation is to arrange to take the taxi tour on your first day in Bermuda, Wednesday, so that you can familiarize yourself with the islands and perhaps come across a place you will want to revisit. At night you can take the ferry to Hamilton for Harbor Nights, which is on Front St. from 7 to 10 pm. The stores usually are open a bit later that everning.

For Thursday, I would take a morning ferry from Dockyard to St. George, stroll around that historic town, and you can then go Tobacco Bay if you wish (this is a snorkeling location...if you're not into that you might not find it to be a very attractive beach). From St. George you can easily go to BAMZ.

On Friday morning, take the #7 bus, or even better a bus marked "Special", as it will go directly to the beach, from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. Stay a couple of hours and then take the bus back to Dockyard, and spend the last couple of hours of your visit checking out the shops and other attractions such as the Maritime Museum at Dockyard.

It's really best to stay close to the ship on the last afternoon, to be sure you are back on board on time. We had to help a family last week (by giving them the name of a port agent even though it turned out not to be their ship's port agent) that would have missed their ship because they stayed in St. George too long on their one afternoon in Bermuda and missed the last ferry that would have got them back to Dockyard in time. Fortunately, when the ship's captain was contacted by the port agent, he agreed to wait for them.

Enjoy your visit. Bermuda is a beautiful place.

wow.. I had to take a second look and your right about the days... Its Wed - Fri... Thanks for correcting me... I might have booked something wrong!

regarding what you posted... I do appreciate what you wrote. I was specifically looking at the things I put down. The Aquarium/Zoo and the Helmut Dive as well.

Would it make sense going on Thursday to do those things?

It makes sense about doing the tour on Wed to get famililar with Bermuda.

(and yes this is our first time in Bermuda)

Thanks!

wow.. I had to take a second look and your right about the days... Its Wed - Fri... Thanks for correcting me... I might have booked something wrong!

regarding what you posted... I do appreciate what you wrote. I was specifically looking at the things I put down. The Aquarium/Zoo and the Helmut Dive as well.

Would it make sense going on Thursday to do those things?

It makes sense about doing the tour on Wed to get famililar with Bermuda.

(and yes this is our first time in Bermuda)

Thanks!

Hartley's Hemet Dive goes out of Dockyard so you could possibly do that on your last morning, thus staying "in the area". Just in case you didn't realize it, BAMZ that NJHM mentioned is the Aquarium and Zoo.:)

Archived