Alcohol on the EPIC

Bgem75

Here are the beers at O'Sheehan's, so my guess is this is also the selection around the entire ship:

Looks like you might be outta luck, but still TONS to choose from! :cool::D

American:

Coors Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams Lager, Blue Moon

International:

Heineken, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Buckler (Non-Alcoholic), Molson, Newcastle, Strongbow, Hard Cider, Bass Pale Ale, Boddingtons Ale, Beck's, Guinness Stout, Red Stripe, Pilsner Urquell, Fosters Lager, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis Special Lager, Kirin Ichiban, Sapporo

Draught Beer Selections:

Beck's, Heineken, Newcastle, Bass Pale Ale, Stella Artois, Amstel Light, Miller Lite, Dos Equis Special Lager

Classic Beer Drinks:

Black and Tan (Guinness and Bass), Shandy (Lager and Lemon-Lime Soda), Snake Bite (Beer and Strongbow Cider)

Here are the beers at O'Sheehan's, so my guess is this is also the selection around the entire ship:

Looks like you might be outta luck, but still TONS to choose from! :cool::D

American:

Coors Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams Lager, Blue Moon

International:

Heineken, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Buckler (Non-Alcoholic), Molson, Newcastle, Strongbow, Hard Cider, Bass Pale Ale, Boddingtons Ale, Beck's, Guinness Stout, Red Stripe, Pilsner Urquell, Fosters Lager, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis Special Lager, Kirin Ichiban, Sapporo

Draught Beer Selections:

Beck's, Heineken, Newcastle, Bass Pale Ale, Stella Artois, Amstel Light, Miller Lite, Dos Equis Special Lager

Classic Beer Drinks:

Black and Tan (Guinness and Bass), Shandy (Lager and Lemon-Lime Soda), Snake Bite (Beer and Strongbow Cider)

Thanks. I was asking because I do not drink beer but the hubby does. I was almost hoping that ncl had a better selection than other cruise lines.. oh well. I wont even joke about smuggling it on board....lol

Thanks. I was asking because I do not drink beer but the hubby does. I was almost hoping that ncl had a better selection than other cruise lines.. oh well. I wont even joke about smuggling it on board....lol

As you say that's just beers.

I bet there is a good chance that they will have Smirnoff Ice on board although It is basically just Vodka and Bitter Lemon (Do you get Bitter Lemon in the US ?)

I bet there is a good chance that they will have Smirnoff Ice on board although It is basically just Vodka and Bitter Lemon (Do you get Bitter Lemon in the US ?)

Never heard of bitter lemon...Although if i asked around i am sure there is a family member that would know..lol.

I just think it would be a great idea for them to have smirnoff ice and handle it like they would buckets of beer..I know i would buy a bucket!!!!;)

Beware that Smirnoff Ice in the US is NOT the same as Smirnoff Ice in the rest of the world. Everywhere else it's vodka based. In the US it's a "citrus-flavored malt beverage". Basically it's clear flavored beer.

Beware that Smirnoff Ice in the US is NOT the same as Smirnoff Ice in the rest of the world. Everywhere else it's vodka based. In the US it's a "citrus-flavored malt beverage". Basically it's clear flavored beer.

Really ?

Smirnoff is a vodka company that makes a malt beverage ?

As poster the Smirnoff Ice in the US is a malt beverage (no vodka) but they did have Bitter Lemon on the Epic.

And as I said Smirnoff a vodka company making a malt based drink with no vodka in it ? Seems strange.

72: Smirnoff Ice, 5% ABV. In the United States, it is a malt beverage; elsewhere it is vodka-based. Labeled as “Spin” in South Africa.

73: Smirnoff Black Ice, 7% ABV. In the United States it is a malt beverage; elsewhere it is vodka-based. Labeled as “Storm” in South Africa.

74: Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. A lime-flavored malt beverage sold in the United States, 4.5% alcohol.

72: Smirnoff Ice, 5% ABV. In the United States, it is a malt beverage; elsewhere it is vodka-based. Labeled as “Spin” in South Africa.

73: Smirnoff Black Ice, 7% ABV. In the United States it is a malt beverage; elsewhere it is vodka-based. Labeled as “Storm” in South Africa.

74: Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. A lime-flavored malt beverage sold in the United States, 4.5% alcohol.

Yes I just read that on Wikipedia.

I wonder why it is so different in the States ?

And as I said Smirnoff a vodka company making a malt based drink with no vodka in it ? Seems strange.

Smirnoff is no longer a Vodka company and has not been for some time.

It is just a brand(as early as 1938) now under the Diageo umbrella and they use the brand to promote Vodka and Malt based drinks since the 90's.

Smirnoff is no longer a Vodka company and has not been for some time.

It is just a brand(as early as 1938) now under the Diageo umbrella and they use the brand to promote Vodka and Malt based drinks since the 90's.

I don't think there are any Malt based Smirnoff products in the UK so that's why I never knew.

So in the US, it's basically Zima?

So in the US, it's basically Zima?

Yeah, it kinda is like Zima.

I was once at a party sponsored by Smirnoff Ice, and it was free, all you can drink Smirnoff Ice, but everything else you had to pay for. Most people opted to buy beers of a better brand. Smirnoff Ice is like a glorified wine cooler. Tastes like crap. But a lot of young girls drink it, because it tastes more like a wine cooler than a real beer.

Yeah, it kinda is like Zima.

I was once at a party sponsored by Smirnoff Ice, and it was free, all you can drink Smirnoff Ice, but everything else you had to pay for. Most people opted to buy beers of a better brand. Smirnoff Ice is like a glorified wine cooler. Tastes like crap. But a lot of young girls drink it, because it tastes more like a wine cooler than a real beer.

I'm going to be in the states next week. I drink Smirnoff Ice here in Canada and quite enjoy it. I will try one in the states and let you know what the ingredients say

There are many places in the states (especially in the south), where beer and wine are treated differently than liquor and have different laws and times that you can purchase them. Since it is a beer, it is sold almost everywhere.

That also seems really strange to me too!

Smirnoff Ice without the Smirnoff Vodka? Strange! (not that i drink Smirnoff ice, prefer my vodka with tonic :D) and nope I wasnt aware of the malt based products either, wonder if they are just sold in the US alone.

That explains the 'beer' listing though.

Sam :)

That also seems really strange to me too!

Smirnoff Ice without the Smirnoff Vodka? Strange! (not that i drink Smirnoff ice, prefer my vodka with tonic :D) and nope I wasnt aware of the malt based products either, wonder if they are just sold in the US alone.

That explains the 'beer' listing though.

Sam :)

Sam

Have you tried Vanilla Vodka & Tonic ?

Tastes exactly like Cream Soda.........Lovely !

I love my beer but I also like a cocktail or "mixed drink".

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to be in the states next week. I drink Smirnoff Ice here in Canada and quite enjoy it. I will try one in the states and let you know what the ingredients say

Just got back from the states. didn't try the smirnoff ice, but did read the label and it said malt. Now I'm curious. will have to ck out the ones in Canada.

I think in Canada it is a vodka based drink. Here in the states it seems to be merely a beer-type drink, not vodka based.

Archived