?? re killing time at LGA before embarkation

buffyk911

Hi everyone,

I am posting this on behalf of my aunt and uncle. While my BF, myself and my other aunt and uncle are flying to NY 4 days prior to the cruise, due to work constraints, my other A & U cant fly in till the morning of embarkation. They will be landing at LGA at 0500. They have arranged for Princess transfers to the ship, but that wont be till 1030. Do they have any options for those 5 hrs? I told them to bring a good book and plan on napping, but they are hoping for more. Is there a place to leave their luggage and go get breakfast? Any place close by within walking or taxi distance? Or are they just resigned to getting to know the airport really really well :-) I am also going to post this on our roll call board...but any and all info/suggestions are welcome!!

thanks!

Barbara

Any chance they can ditch the Princess transfers, take a cab to wherever you are staying, and then later take a cab to the pier with the rest of you? What day of the week is this?

Even if they can't ditch the Princess transfers, it would cost them about $35 to go to Manhattan and then another $35 to go to the pier in Brooklyn.

Hi everyone,

I am posting this on behalf of my aunt and uncle. While my BF, myself and my other aunt and uncle are flying to NY 4 days prior to the cruise, due to work constraints, my other A & U cant fly in till the morning of embarkation. They will be landing at LGA at 0500. They have arranged for Princess transfers to the ship, but that wont be till 1030. Do they have any options for those 5 hrs? I told them to bring a good book and plan on napping, but they are hoping for more. Is there a place to leave their luggage and go get breakfast? Any place close by within walking or taxi distance? Or are they just resigned to getting to know the airport really really well :-) I am also going to post this on our roll call board...but any and all info/suggestions are welcome!!

thanks!

Barbara

I can't think of anywhere to take a cab to but they may be able to hop one of the local airport hotel shuttles to the hotel and eat breakfast.

New York can be cruel with having to store luggage. Nothing I know of at LaGuardia Airport. Not much to do at 5:00 a.m. either. If you just like walking it is very east to walk from the airport across the parkway and then wander around the surrounding residential neighborhood. Or perhaps take a bus "tour" by traveling on one of the transit buses round-trip to its destination an back. Best option, though, is likely to avoid the (overpriced) Princess transfer.

Archived