Deposit refund

shelmo

Has anyone from the UK ever got their deposit back from a TA. Have looked at other cruises with Celebrity or RCCL to transfer but there is nothing that is right for us. There is a P&O one that we could just fit in but TA says we carnt transfer from Celebrity to P&O. The deposit is £900 so it is a lot to loose. It was a special birthday but my daughter is unable to come as she has a new job abroad and I really want the whole family with us.

P&O is owned by Carnival Corp, so you would not be able to transfer a deposit from Celebrity or Royal Caribbean to P&O as the deposit would be going to a rival company. It is not the TA who keeps the deposit, but the cruise line.

Sorry mate: When you booked the cruise you agreed to the T&Cs of the cruise line- which is loss of deposit if you cancel outside of 57 days. Inside this period there is a sliding scale of charges from 50% up to 100%.

If you swap to another Celebrity ship there is a £75pp admin charge (payable by the first 2 people in each cabin). This is a lot better than losing £900 and I really find it hard to believe with the vast number and range of itineraries that X offers that you cannot find a single one???

Itineraries are on sale up to March 2012 and in March/April next year the new itineraries will come on sale through to March 2013. As I see your cruise is in July 2011 then you can easily swap in March 2012 as you are well outside the penalty date of 57 days still.

Maybe you can book a cruise outside the refund period...like 2011/2012. Then wait and cancel before the final payment is due. Or just take the trip and enjoy.

They would still lose their deposit as it is non-refundable in the UK.

So does the 12 months start from when I booked or from july 2011 when we should have been taking the cruise. If I can use part of the deposit to transfer to a cruise in 2012 that will be fine but I got the impression from the TA that the 12 months ran out July 2011.

I've looked on the Celebrity terms and conditions but it is as clear as mud.

Your cruise is in july11 so let's say final payment is due may 15th 2011. Therefore you can pay £75pp and swap to any other cruise before This may 15th date.

It can be on RCI or ACC, and as I said by may 15th the itineraries should be on sale until April 2013.

I'm not sure what you mean by '12 months'.

Archived