What are your top 3 reasons for cruising?

1. Having just finished a bout with breast cancer, you realize that life is too short not to cruise!

2. Because I feel alive at sea. I breathe better and sleep better and have more energy.

3. For all of the other reasons everyone has listed above!

When I get on that ship and stand on that balcony, it is like every care in the world slips away and I am home!

1.) Interesting experience-- You get to see so many places, see so many interesting shows, take part in tons of activities, and chat/ learn about people from all over the world. It used to be a unique vacation option but is now rather mainstream.

2.) Super cost effective-- If you were to price out a 7 day vacation staying at a decent hotel, activities, 3 meals a day at a 4 star restaurant, and activities, I'm pretty sure you would be looking at double the cruise cost.

3.) Ports of Call-- I've been to around 12 countries in the last 3 years because of cruises. How many people can say that?! I've also seen things that I've only read about in textbooks and yearned to see up close and person. As a child, I was always fascinated with Mayan ruins and was delighted to be able to see them in two countries last summer!

For my first cruise 3 years ago:

1. Because DW wanted to. Not being sarcastic - I really wanted special 25th anniv trip for DW and she always dreamed of cruising. I had never really thought about it.

2, 3: See 1.

Now that I'm a veteran cruiser having experienced one entire wonderful cruise:

1. Care free vacation where all I have to do is show up at the MDR at the right time wearing the right clothes.

2. The view and the fresh air on deck.

3. Just walking around exploring the ship with a drink in hand.

I love this topic...

*Price-value (On vacation, I really dislike waking up to the same scenary...for the price of cruising, I can see several islands for one nice price)

*Maintenance (I get my room maid up twice a day and fine dining every evening:eek: WOW. It is the one time my family get to sit togehter and have dinner 7-9 days a week)

*All you can eat, the choices....there is no way I could vacation on land and have to pay EVERY time we eat. Plus on a cruise, everyone taste is satisfied.

This list can go on and on....

We actually had one reason for cruising....

We wanted a destination wedding, and my brother was terrified of flying. He's 19 and hasn't been on a plane since he was a year old. We're very close, and I refused to get married without my only sibling there, so we looked into a cruise wedding. It turned out to be a great option for us, and we leave in 3 weeks!

Once we decided on a cruise, I joined Cruise Critic and found many more reasons for cruising! My top 3 are (besides marrying my best friend on embarkation day):

1. Going to 3 different islands in one week!

2. The food looks delicious, and I can't wait to try it!

3. I love the ocean!

I can only narrow my list down to four reasons:

1) Getting away from the office

2) Getting away from the office

3) Getting away from the office

4) The opportunity to meet some wonderful new people, and/or sail with those I already know.

1. Price (a great vacation value)

2. Flexibility (all 4 family members can do their own thing!! No hunting for restaurants....no having to agree on what kind of food...no worrying about driving through a bad neighborhood in a strange town)

3. No cellphones or laptops allowed (family rule)

*and then for me....KARAOKE!!!! :D

I love this thread.

1) All the options in one place....dining, shows, music venues, spa, and the water..it is so amazing and wonderful to me..that usual gentle rock of the ship and the water.

2) It is like Disneyland in that most people are very happy and fun to chat with..like summer camp for adults in a way...only so much fancier.

3) Getting a "taste test" of so many places in one trip..new horizons.

3.5) Free room service..I do not care how small menu is..there is enough and fresh fruit 24/7..or a sandwich..that alone is so spendy at a 3.5 or 4 star hotel..there is so much more offered by a room steward keeping up the room and room service in the AM..even in an inside...this is just decadent bliss to me on vacation..all I want is fruit/a bread or cereal/ coffee and yogert anyway then..sjn.

The value - which includes getting to see multiple locations in one vacation

The food!

Standing on the aft of the ship, at night, surrounded by water, no land in sight, watching the wake - It's one of the most relaxing, mesmerizing experiences ever

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]1. The value[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]2. The relaxation[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]3. The ocean[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]The feel of that [FONT=Impact]thrum [/FONT][FONT=Arial]of the ships engines under my feet after boarding is my sign that I'm on vacation!;)[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

1. To reconnect with my husband and discover again why I married him.

2. To get a break from the kids, and make myself a refreshed and better parent.

3. The convenience and value of visiting several different places, but staying in the same "hotel" the entire time.

[quote name='cherbear4000']1) It's free. My parents pay for the whole family to cruise each year.
2) Not having to cook for a week.
3) Nothing beats staring out at the open ocean with nothing you have to do and nowhere you have to be[/quote]

Are you one of my kids? :) They say that as long as we pay, they'll go!

My three favorite reasons:
1.[IMG]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx101/warmplaces/bermudagroup.jpg[/IMG]
Family Time :D

2.[IMG]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx101/warmplaces/080109SunrisetoBermuda.jpg[/IMG]
Beautiful Scenery that's constantly changing :)

[IMG]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx101/warmplaces/KingsWharf.jpg[/IMG]
Breathtaking ports of call waiting to be explored :cool:

4. No cell phones/emails/computer questions for a whole week!!!!!! Wooooo Whooooo!!

Archived