What all do you have to pay for?

Taking my first RCCL cruise at the end of this year.

What are some things you have to pay for on RCCL that you don't have to on Carnival?

I know on RCCL you have to pay for room service between certain hours, steak in the dining room, the two specialty restaurants, the spa (obviously), alcohol, and soda

Am I missing anything?

Is the pizza and ice cream 24 hours or is there any 24 hour dining at all? Sometimes it's nice to sit out for a late night after drinking.

The boats just look so neat. All of the little things that are "stations" on Carnival look like mini restaurants on RCCL (like the pizza and coffeeshop)

I don't think I've noticed anything different on the two lines as far as what you have to pay for...any specialty restaurants, coffee shops, ice cream shop (like Ben and Jerry's), drinks, etc.

Actually I take that back...on Carnival I have always gotten a free latte after dinner in the MDR but did not get this on RCI...not sure if that is the same with all RCI ships or not...

You don't have to pay for all steaks in the MDR. There is a Chops Steakhouse Fillet for 14.95, but the "normal" menu steaks are included in your price.

There is always included food available no matter what time of the day or night it is. The self serve soft serve ice cream is free, however if you want Ben and Jerry's there will be a charge for that.

It depends on which ship you are going on. That being said, not all steaks in the dining room are extra charge. There is a "specialty steak" that is extra cost, but there are "no cost" steaks available as well.

You will be ble to find something to eat at no charge at virtually any hour of the day and night.

As mentioned above, specialty coffees (lattes, cappuchinos, etc) are now an extra cost. Also, freshly squeezed OJ is an extra cost (and may not be available on all ships). There is an orange flavored "cocktail juice" available for free in the morning.

CHeck your cruise compass for the times of the various snack venues- many have limited hours, although the ones that have limited daytime hours seem to be the ones that are open very late at night.

Archived