Eagle Beach, Palm Beach or Other??

snowcat

I would contact them in advance; depending on capacity, they don't always sell day passes.

I sent an e-mail in advance, and was told we could just show up and walk on the beach. The beach is across the road from the hotel. A staff member will greet you on the beach and collect your $10 per person in cash dollars. I never went over to the hotel side.

Wesley

I did contact them and this was the response:

"Thank you for your e-mail, indeed you can rent beach chair, towel for $10,- per person per day.

No need to make reservation in advance just come to the Eagle Beach in front of Amsterdam Manor.

We have a beach bar for any food & beverage.

Looking forward to welcome you at Amsterdam Manor."

Thanks everyone. I will stick with my original plan and contact them a week or two before our cruise.

We can't wait! It is only a couple of months away now!

• 2 weeks later...

Start here and click through the next half-dozen or so pics:

http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/Vacation/Caribbean-Cruise-2004/2004-Caribbean-Cruise-2/447938_JKe2w#24584983_mpHYh

My wife wants to go back. Carnival Miracle goes once a month but the cost of an inside room is more than we just paid for a balcony stateroom.

NCL does not go there at all, that I could find. RCL also once a month. Who else goes to Aruba?

Thanks.

http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/Vacation/Caribbean-Cruise-2004/2004-Caribbean-Cruise-2/447938_JKe2w#24584983_mpHYh

My wife wants to go back. Carnival Miracle goes once a month but the cost of an inside room is more than we just paid for a balcony stateroom.

NCL does not go there at all, that I could find. RCL also once a month. Who else goes to Aruba?

Thanks.

Holland America

We will be going to Aruba on our HAL cruise in March.

Picture 98 of 114??? If so, that is Palm Beach. To be exact the photo is a shot of two of the three towers of the Holiday Inn Sunspree on the left and the Playa Linda timeshare resort on the far right.

For ships sailing to Aruba, check the list at http://cruise.aruba.com/cruisecalls.html

Carnival will probably be your least expensive option.

Thanks.

Picture 98 of 114??? If so, that is Palm Beach. To be exact the photo is a shot of two of the three towers of the Holiday Inn Sunspree on the left and the Playa Linda timeshare resort on the far right.

For ships sailing to Aruba, check the list at http://cruise.aruba.com/cruisecalls.html

Carnival will probably be your least expensive option.

Thank you, Lisa!

Hello all,

my family and I are going on a cruise to aruba at the end of march. We are planning on taking a taxi to palm beach and spending the day there. We want to parasail, I was doing some research on the net and it says that del palm pier would have parasailing that I could book when I get to palm beach! is that true? Is del palm pier a good place to get dropped off at? Is it nice at the end? Is the water clear and calm at that end? Also are there chairs along the beach that you can rent to sit in for the day at the day and if so how much do they run and can you rent them anywhere on the beach? If somebody can answer all of these for me that would be great! I feel like I am going nuts trying to figure all this out! Thanks guys!!..:)

Hello all,

my family and I are going on a cruise to aruba at the end of march. We are planning on taking a taxi to palm beach and spending the day there. We want to parasail, I was doing some research on the net and it says that del palm pier would have parasailing that I could book when I get to palm beach! is that true? Is del palm pier a good place to get dropped off at? Is it nice at the end? Is the water clear and calm at that end? Also are there chairs along the beach that you can rent to sit in for the day at the day and if so how much do they run and can you rent them anywhere on the beach? If somebody can answer all of these for me that would be great! I feel like I am going nuts trying to figure all this out! Thanks guys!!..:)

Maria14 - if you start at page one of this thread and read through the posts, I think most of your questions will be answered.

6rugrats was right ;) :)

I was doing some research on the net and it says that del palm pier would have parasailing that I could book when I get to palm beach! is that true?
There are vendors all along the beach who will be willing to take you parasailing.

Is del palm pier a good place to get dropped off at?
It is as good as any. It is convenient access to the beach without having to traipse through hotel lobbies and situated almost centrally on Palm beach from north to south.

Also convenient in that if you are planning on spending the day there on Palm beach, there are two vendors right there on the beach who will rent you chaise lounges as well as umbrellas.

Is it nice at the end? Is the water clear and calm at that end?
It is all one long stretch of beach about a mile and a half long. Water clarity varies from day to day, especially depending upon boat traffic which unfortunately churns the sand up, but be asssured the water is beautiful and warm.

Palm-Beach-18_thumb.jpg

Also are there chairs along the beach that you can rent to sit in for the day at the day and if so how much do they run and can you rent them anywhere on the beach?
See above. ;) :)

• 3 months later...
When in Aruba' date=' we much, much, much prefer Eagle Beach over Palm Beach. I do not like crowds. I just like to relax, read, and have someone bring me food and drinks! We've been to the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort twice (most recently in late June). This place is perfect for my standards. Taxi takes about 8-10 minutes.....not expensive. We walked right on to the beach at 10 AM. They were just opening up the bar then. We paid the beach attendant for our chairs....I think it was $10 for 2. He said he would bring us anything we needed. It was great. Probably my favorite beach spot on any island.[/size']

Can't beat this location!

290.jpg

285.jpg

This sounds and looks perfect, but do they have restroom facilities?

They actually have port-o-johns set up there. I know that sounds gross but they are really big and clean, and have sinks with running water. They have an amazing beach dining experience there at night and need the port-o-johns for the restaurant. They aren't allowed to add bathrooms there on the beach so they set them up for their guests. I was skeptical, but used them when we had dinner there a few months ago, and they were very nice, by port-o-johns standards. There are bathrooms across the street at the resort, but I don't know if they would allow you to use them.

They actually have port-o-johns set up there. I know that sounds gross but they are really big and clean, and have sinks with running water. They have an amazing beach dining experience there at night and need the port-o-johns for the restaurant. They aren't allowed to add bathrooms there on the beach so they set them up for their guests. I was skeptical, but used them when we had dinner there a few months ago, and they were very nice, by port-o-johns standards. There are bathrooms across the street at the resort, but I don't know if they would allow you to use them.

They actually have port-o-johns set up there. I know that sounds gross but they are really big and clean, and have sinks with running water.
My 15 yo dd is a "potty snob" :rolleyes: and it was the first thing she checked out when we went to Passions for dinner. The restroom passed her inspection with flying colors. ;) :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We're taking a taxi tour of Aruba from 9AM-12PM. Would noon be a good time to arrive at Amsterdam Manor to rent chairs on the beach, or will most of the chairs be taken by then?
There is no way of knowing in advance. It is dependent upon hotel occupancy and number already rented. I would give it a shot, just make sure you have a "plan b". ;)

Arubalisa is on vacation this week. You can scroll up to her last post and click on the website Aruba Bound, and see lots of pictures from Palm Beach.
Palm Beach Photos

Thanks, Hatteras51
Thanks, I was on Palm beach as a matter of fact. ;) :D

palm_beach.jpg.599f2ac398fb79c9deff5c1124148da5.jpg

Archived