Celebrity's Rules for cruising when pregnant

paulandfran

I'm so excited I just took a pregnancy test this evening and it's POSITIVE.:eek:

Huge surprise but we're thrilled. I've heard there are rules that you can't cruise beyond a certain stage of pregnancy, does anyone know what week of pregnancy you can cruise through?

Thanks in advance,

Francie

Francie,

congratulations!

Most cruise lines, including Celebrity, have a 24 week policy. If you are at 24 weeks anytime during your scheduled cruise they won't allow you to sail. If you are less than 24 weeks then you need a doctor's note indicating that you don't have a high risk pregnancy, and it must indicate when the due date is. Here is a link with this information:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxt.do?pagename=your_medical_needs

Francie,

congratulations!

Most cruise lines, including Celebrity, have a 24 week policy. If you are at 24 weeks anytime during your scheduled cruise they won't allow you to sail. If you are less than 24 weeks then you need a doctor's note indicating that you don't have a high risk pregnancy, and it must indicate when the due date is. Here is a link with this information:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxt.do?pagename=your_medical_needs

Thanks Travel Guy!!!

My daughter booked a cruise and also found out that she was pregnant. Even though she would have been within Celebrity's limit, her doctor told her not to go. Being on a cruise ship is the worst place to be if anything happens. She traded a Bermuda cruise for upstate New York. She was disappointed. You're pregnant. Baby comes first. Cancel and take a land vacation in the USA. It's a lot safer. Cruise next year after the baby arrives. Good luck with the pregnancy.

My daughter booked a cruise and also found out that she was pregnant. Even though she would have been within Celebrity's limit, her doctor told her not to go. Being on a cruise ship is the worst place to be if anything happens. She traded a Bermuda cruise for upstate New York. She was disappointed. You're pregnant. Baby comes first. Cancel and take a land vacation in the USA. It's a lot safer. Cruise next year after the baby arrives. Good luck with the pregnancy.
I don't think the OP has a cruise booked. They have asked this same question on multiple boards

Archived