Help me choose between St.Tropez or Cassis?

sjsuda

We will be on the Spanish Med cruise on board Celebrity Eclipse sailing 4th September, and am still undecided of what to do when in Toulon. If you have to choose between a tour in St.Tropez or Cassis, which one would you choose?

Help needed please.

Regards,

Joanne

We will be on the Spanish Med cruise on board Celebrity Eclipse sailing 4th September, and am still undecided of what to do when in Toulon. If you have to choose between a tour in St.Tropez or Cassis, which one would you choose? Help needed please. Regards, Joanne

Tell us more on what you are seeking to do and enjoy. Your personal interests and travel style will help dictate what works and fits best for your needs. The French fishing village of Cassis, on the Mediterranean, gets less attention than other more renowned resorts like Nice,, St. Tropez, or Cannes. This is a distinct advantage for travelers who find that absorbing a culture is challenging when battling crowds. Personally, I found St. Tropez to be a little over-rated and in an immediate area that doesn't have the coastal drama, mountains, etc., that I like to see more. If you're rich and invited to the "right parties" with the "beautiful people", I'm sure St. Tropez can be fun and interesting. If you're just a "regular tourist", I'm not sure what's that great there. Much is a personal choice. What have been your past experiences in this area and what do you like most to see and do?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Terry, have you been to Les Calanques in Marseille/Cassis? What is the best way to see them? I want to avoid ship excursions, PERIOD. Next year, ship docks in Marseille. As of now, I thought we would grab a taxi to the boat area for a tour of 3 or more of them. After that, I have no plans and will have to begin my research and planning.

Thanks,

Len

Archived