Sail & Sign/Credit Cards

ellikitten

Hello,

I am planning to travel with a group and am wondering if all the people on the same reservation would need to have their sail & sign accounts on the same credit card? or can each person use their own credit card even if they're staying in the same room?

Thanks!

~elli

You each will need a credit card, unless you have a husband and wife, or kids who can be on one card. It's not a good idea to have one person have all the charges on their account because if you have a large group, the charges for the week could add up to thousands of dollars.

Anyone can be placed on your credit card shipboard account, only upon your approval. the rule of thumb is that those wanting their own shipboard account, use their own credit card, or, pax can choose to place a cash deposit on their shipboard accounts as well. BE very careful...your shipboard account can become a traumatizing experience when it comes time to pay. Your shipboard account must be paid before you disembark the ship. The cruise line won't permit you to disembark unless your account is paid in full. If you decide to disembark, the cruise line will charge your shipboard account. Always make sure you go over your bill with a fine-tooth comb...AND SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS!!!! This way you can refute any charge that may be questionable.

John

Your shipboard account must be paid before you disembark the ship. The cruise line won't permit you to disembark unless your account is paid in full.

John

Hmmm.... let's see if I have this correct. If I don't pay my shipboard account they won't let me disembark. I've got six weeks of vacation time coming this year. Might just be onto something.:D

Hmmm.... let's see if I have this correct. If I don't pay my shipboard account they won't let me disembark. I've got six weeks of vacation time coming this year. Might just be onto something.:D

LOL..and to think Im paying for back to back. I could just not pay my account and stay onboard :)

To add more info to the other answers, in your cruise docs you will find a page to list your credit card info for the Sail and Sign card. You can always make a copy of that form and have each person fill it out before you get to the terminal to save time. Once onboard each sail and sign account will have a unique folio account. You can also check this account with the pursers desk and from your tv, via funvision.

Have a great cruise!!

If more then one person is in the same cabin but all are using a different credit card--copy the sign and sail page that comes with the document and each fill out their own copy. Saves a few minutes at check it to do it before you go.

PS-- make sure all reservations ar elinked together so you can dine together

• 1 month later...

Well- Figure on at least 50 bucks for tips. You can place cash for 100.00 down on your account. You dont have to spend any money and will get a check the very last day under your door- the pursers office can cash that check.

Archived