Aft Penthouse (12317) and adjoining room (12315). Good rooms? ANyone have pics?

happyfaerie

Hi

I just booked those two rooms for the march 26th sailing but im worried bec ive never sailed on the very back of the boat before. I have a alot of questions. We will be traveling as a family (me, my husband, my young son, an infant and my mom). Im not sure what the best thing to do is economically and size wise. We dont want a small room with the kids. In my room it will be 2 adults and 2 babies and my mom will be just her. Weve sailed before and always get mini suites but got lucky with an upgrade to Penthouse on the Jewel and dont want to go back.

Also, when i look at an image of the Balcony Stateroom, it doesnt show the balcony in the rendering. Why?

Are these good rooms?

Do the AFT rooms feel a lot of motion?

The total for the PH is $5,500 with 2 people in it and the Stateroom is $2,800 with a senior and a baby under 2 (he only pay taxes).

Would it be more economical to go for a courtyard Villa and have everyone in the same room or are those way more money?

Also, should I just consider a Family room for us and get my mom an Adjoining stateroom mid ship? I dont want to be near the noisy kids club.

We like the PH perks but its pricey and im sooo confused about the size of these rooms.

thank yoU!

I'm staying in 12317 on August 7 to 14 cruise. I'll let you know about the size of that room when we get back. Also the back of the ship is my preference. It is smoother than the front but the center of the ship is always the smoothest. I have pictures on my facebook, but I don't know how to post them here. Also the penthouse is for two people only. There are no fold out beds or a couch. So unless the children want to sleep with you or on the floor, I would probably look at another room.

I'm next door in 12314 in 3 days. I'll see if I can sneak a peak for you. Personally, I love aft the best. My last two cruises, Hawaii and Alaska, were aft and that is now the first place I look for a cabin. Great lullling movement - vast view of everything that is starboard and port and also the hallways are very quiet. People do not walk all the way back there unless they are staying there. I think you're going to love it.

We stayed in 12317 and friends were next door in the adjoining balcony. Loved the room! Very quiet, but it is a long walk to the Courtyard. Penthouse 12317 only will accomodate 2 people, which puts grandma with two young kids in the balcony room. Do any of the kids need a crib cuz that would be tight and then I'd recommend moving up in size. For pictures, go to:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingfrommn

If you shop around ( by JULY 31 ) you should be able to get a 2 bedroom villa for roughly the same price.

Please show me where you see you can get a 2 bedroom villa for $5500. I want your travel agent. I dont think you can even get a villa penthouse for that price. I booked almost a year in advance and got no where near that price ( and I got the silver discount).

Please show me where you see you can get a 2 bedroom villa for $5500. I want your travel agent. I dont think you can even get a villa penthouse for that price. I booked almost a year in advance and got no where near that price ( and I got the silver discount).

The OP has two cabins: The Penthouse for $5500 and a BA for $2800. Total of $8300. You can do a Courtyard Villa for that price.

Take care,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Happyfaerie,

Sorry to impose on this thread but I was hoping you could help.

I just had a chance to read your comments about your AB 11030 on the Jewel. I booked that room! I was hoping you might have some input into any of the other AB's that were quieter? Maybe the ones under the hair salon or library? Thanks in advance..

Go on the NCL website and price out the CV. They charge MUCH LESS for additional pax after the first two and then everyone has suite perks. The way OP has it booked now, only two will get the suite perks and it will become an issue as to including the rest of the group at Epic Club and courtyard, or whether OP gives up perks to be with the rest of the family.

As far as CV deals, when the BCN/MIA TA was on the website originally, the CV was $3000 each for pax 1 & 2, and then I think $599 or less each for up to 4 additional pax. About a month later they went up to $6999 each for first two, and I don't know how much for each additional.

It all depends on sail date! You can pay much, much more for peak dates, and as I've noted, prices fluctuate all the time as a cruise fills up or not.

Just back from the Epic 8/14-21. We had an aft Penthouse and adjoining BA. (10326, 10324)

I took a detailed photo tour of those 2 cabins and will be uploading them to my webshots page this weekend.

Very nice cabins, the BA is tight but useable. Courtyard access is to die for. Posh is a treasure that no one uses. More to come as a I will prepare a review.

Just back from the Epic 8/14-21. We had an aft Penthouse and adjoining BA. (10326, 10324)

I took a detailed photo tour of those 2 cabins and will be uploading them to my webshots page this weekend.

Very nice cabins, the BA is tight but useable. Courtyard access is to die for. Posh is a treasure that no one uses. More to come as a I will prepare a review.

Did the people in the adjoining BA also have "legitimate" Courtyard access, access to POSH and the Epic Club?

Just wondering how this is being enforced.

Can't wait to see the pics and read the review. We have the same cabins but on the 11th deck for December.

Can't wait to read your review, we have that cabin (10326) in 5 weeks. First cruise with NCL and first with suite benefits. Appreciate any and all information!

The photo tours of our aft connecting cabins have been uploaded to our online photo gallery.

See the link to Webshots in my signature. There are photos and videos of both cabins.

See the gallery for Norwegian Epic Penthouse Suite aft 10326 and Norwegian Epic Cabin 10324.

Those are some great photos of a penthouse and nice videos of the ship. Thanks.

although you must have hit some really rough weather to have the ship tip over 90 degrees like that :D :)

Were the people in your connecting Balcony room able to use the Courtyard?

The photo tours of our aft connecting cabins have been uploaded to our online photo gallery.

See the link to Webshots in my signature. There are photos and videos of both cabins.

See the gallery for Norwegian Epic Penthouse Suite aft 10326 and Norwegian Epic Cabin 10324.

I still love to look at your pictures

It looks like the Courtyard pool is quite popular along with the whole area

Great pictures and thanks again for posting

I want to book a western med cruise on the Epic in an penthouse aft suite and curious if the are any pro/cons to the various ones. I have been in an AE on the Pearl and loved it - the balcony was large and had two recliners. We were on deck 9 since deck 10 is open to view from the Garden cafe above. Are there any issues like this on the Epic? Are all the balconies the same size/shape?

Archived