Costa Atlantica - Caribbean 21/10

laurakdy

We are going on our first proper cruise this year on the atlantica...Have read a lot of negative reviews and a bit worried...Wished I had read the reviews before I booked, as there are so many other cruises to choose from...

A few things I am uncertain about; we have to tender in quite a bit, although not sure exactly how many ports we have to do this...Ive read mxed reviews about where you tender and where are ports...

What I dont know is; what are trolleys? Sorry if thats a daft question, as I said new to this...lol

Hi! I have asked on Roll Call if anyone is going on this cruise and got no response. I have been on 8 or 9 cruises and have never seen this before. I have taken one other Costa cruise & enjoyed it very much. I too have read the negative reports but it does not cause me to worry so many cruisers love all Carnival ships but I would never go on one again.

We were on the Atlantica in March of this year and have another cruise booked on it for Thanksgiving. Obviously, with 2 cruises on the same ship in one year, it couldn't have been bad. We have used several of the different cruise lines and I can't imagine what anyone would have to complain about on the Atlantica. It is one of the prettiest ships we've been on, the service was equal to several of the other lines, I found the majority of the staff most accommodating, and the food - well, what cruise line does have exceptional food? We didn't go hungry, that's for sure. As for the trolley: isn't that a bus like conveyance?

Oh thanks for that...I am now finding more positive threads...lol

Not sure at all what trolleys are to be honest...I just keep reading about people being transferred from the ship on trolleys ? AS in when they are being tendered:confused:

I was on Atlantica for Thanksgiving last year and we booked her again for Thanksgiving this year. The most beautiful boat I have ever been on. Excellent staff. I didnt like the food much but I didnt go hungry either. Here is a link to the pics from last Thanksgiving cruise. Have fun.

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62/bigjohn1968/November%202009%20Costa%20Atlantica/

We are going on our first proper cruise this year on the atlantica...Have read a lot of negative reviews and a bit worried...Wished I had read the reviews before I booked, as there are so many other cruises to choose from...

A few things I am uncertain about; we have to tender in quite a bit, although not sure exactly how many ports we have to do this...Ive read mxed reviews about where you tender and where are ports...

What I dont know is; what are trolleys? Sorry if thats a daft question, as I said new to this...lol

We were on the Atlantica March 2010 and had a great time. We did not do the same itinerary and did not have to tender at any port. We had great dining room service and made friends with another cruise critic member. I read soooo many negative reviews before we left. This was our 12th cruise, so we had many to compare it to. Yes-they do everything in 5 or 6 languages (even bingo) so that does get old, but really it is no big deal. Our philosphy is there are no bad cruises, so go and have fun!

As for trolleys-the only trolleys I know of are a type of bus that you can ride.

I was also on the Atlantica this past spring and was also concerned about the reviews. It seems that costa is one of the lines that doe snot have a large following on these boards. Our cruise was kind of an exception. I think our roll call has one of the longest runs of any in the Costa roll call forums.

Anyway, I have a very detailed review with pictures of our cruise here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1170841

If you have any questions, just ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Didnyt look up the itinerary,,,, Re TROLLYS. If you are in Key West, they dock at the Naval Pier. A trolley, open air, motorized small train, picks you up and takes you through the Naval Base to dowtown Key West. You pick the Trolley up at the same spot for your return to the ship.

We were on the Atlantica in April. It was fantastic! We would sail on her again in a heartbeat! Don't worry about the negative reviews. You can't please everyone and some people refuse to be pleased!

We were in the Western Caribbean and the only place we tendered in was Grand Cayman. It wasn't a problem at all. Just another little boat ride.

We also rode the trolleys at Key West back and forth from the ship at the naval pier to the center of the island. It was fun and the narration was great. We were on the Conch Train and liked it so much that we decided to take the full tour once we got into town. We liked learning about the history and had great photo ops!

Our roll call was great! We exchanged email addresses and pictures. We also had several meet & greets on board. It was just like having instant friends as soon as you boarded! Don't worry though if your roll call hasn't filled up yet. You will probably get more people at the last minute.

Archived