Hotels/apartment hotels that have 2 bedrooms in Sydney

Fredr

Hello,

I would like to stay for three nights in Sydney, and need a hotel or an apartment hotel that has two bedroom units.

Thanks

Try Meriton on Kent Street or there are other Meriton apartment complexs too.

You should get lots of hits if you Google, but you might want to include Darling Harbour as well as Circular Quay. (I prefer Circular Quay, but Darling Harbour is good too and you might find some bargains there--we did.) You might try a search on Trip Advisor as well for suggestions and reviews.

We stayed at the Grand Mecure Apartments Darling Harbour for several days and enjoyed our stay very much.

Hello,

I would like to stay for three nights in Sydney, and need a hotel or an apartment hotel that has two bedroom units.

Thanks

When you do your searches try putting in "holiday rentals" rather than "vacation rentals" - you'll get more Aussie sites. There's one called Stayz that has a good selection. There are a few listings in HomeAway, as well. There is a pretty good selection of options, but lots require minimum stays of at least three nights, some even more. There are also 'condo-hotels' that may be less restrictive. Check the write ups on Trip Advisor, too, in their new section on vacation rentals.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend the Mertion on Pitt Street. I stayed there in July, it is very central to everything, close to Darling Harbour and Queen Victoria Building. The apartment was spacious with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. We stayed on the 44th floor and had a great view looking over Darling Harbour.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I found a place in the town of Drummoyne. I understand that it is not in Sydney but we will have a rental car, and I understand that there is also public transit into Sydney from here including ferry service. Is this correct?

Any negatives about Drummoyne that I should know about.

You should get lots of hits if you Google, but you might want to include Darling Harbour as well as Circular Quay. (I prefer Circular Quay, but Darling Harbour is good too and you might find some bargains there--we did.) You might try a search on Trip Advisor as well for suggestions and reviews.

We stayed at the Grand Mecure Apartments Darling Harbour for several days and enjoyed our stay very much.

We have a reservation for the Grand Mercure in a rennovated privately owned 2 BR/2 BA - reviews for the Grand Mercure on Trip Advisor were a bit mixed, but this one looked good - glad to hear you had a good experience! Any thoughts or suggestions for what to see and do, where to eat during our stay?

Fredr, I know where Drummoyne is, but I have never been there. However, I do know that you do NOT want to try to drive into Sydney with a rental car--parking is difficult to find and expensive if you do find it. Also, while public transportation may be available, commuting is going to take up a fair chunk of your sightseeing time.

I suppose you are staying there because you got a good rate on accommodations, but I'd rather spend a bit more and save myself the time and hassles of commuting. Also, if you stay in Sydney, you can save some money because because you won't need and won't want a rental car.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I found a place in the town of Drummoyne. I understand that it is not in Sydney but we will have a rental car, and I understand that there is also public transit into Sydney from here including ferry service. Is this correct?

Any negatives about Drummoyne that I should know about.

Drummoyne is a nice enough area with some pretty waterways, but traffic from this area can be nasty when heading to the city area.

You will spend a lot of time travelling to and from the things you will be wanting to visit.

Avoid driving in Sydney at all costs! The traffic can be very bad and will cause you to waste a lot of precious time. Use the cost of your car rental on accommodation near Darling Harbour/Circular Quay and you won't even need the car because everything will be within comfortable walking distance and/or the local trains and ferries.

Friends,

Thanks for your help. I am getting the car rental for our trips outside of Sydney, such as to the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley and other side trips. Plus the fact that we have transportation to Drummoyne from the airport, and then to the cruise terminal.

Which leads to a question...does the Sydney ferry system have a station for Drummoyne?

Greatly appreciate your help.

Straya,

Is that the best you can do! I am supposed to use a California invention developed about 350 miles north of my Southern California home, to find out about the Sydney Ferry system!

Go get yourself a cold, cold bottle or can of Fosters and I will buy it for you.

Thanks,

Fred

Straya,

Is that the best you can do! I am supposed to use a California invention developed about 350 miles north of my Southern California home, to find out about the Sydney Ferry system!

Go get yourself a cold, cold bottle or can of Fosters and I will buy it for you.

Thanks,

Fred

Isn't the internet a truly wonderful thing? :)

Friends,

Thanks for your help. I am getting the car rental for our trips outside of Sydney, such as to the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley and other side trips. Plus the fact that we have transportation to Drummoyne from the airport, and then to the cruise terminal.

Which leads to a question...does the Sydney ferry system have a station for Drummoyne?

In case you had not realised, Birkenhead is also in Drummoyne and may be closer to where you need to be.

Friends,

In case you had not realised, Birkenhead is also in Drummoyne and may be closer to where you need to be.

The Rivercat (ferry) does stop at Drummoyne and is a great way to get into the city. It is about a 15 minute journey. Great photo opportunities along the way - very pleasant. What is the address in Drummoyne?

Hello,

The address is 165-167 Lyons Road, Drummoyne NSW.

Can we walk to the wharf for Birkenhead or the Drummoyne wharf to catch the ferry to Sydney, from the Drummoyne Serviced apartments?

I greatly appreciate your advising about Sydney's traffic. However, friends, I live in Southern California where we have not one but several of the most heavily traveled intersections in the entire world. I will not bore you with statistics, but the Intersection of the I -10 and I -405 is the single busiest intersection in the world.

Another statistic (Last one) is from truck traffic on the I 710 freeway. Before the recession, 48,000 trucks per 24 hours used this freeway in and out of the Long Beach area.

I also wanted to stay in a neighborhood in Australia, where there are some nice places to drink a Fosters, have good but reasonably priced Aussie food such as curry, kao pao chicken, lasagna, and maybe some Korean BBQ. Isn't the Circular Quay for tourists from England who want to see how their black sheep relatives are doing?

Can't wait to see NZ and Australia...does the McDonald's near the Circular Quay still have ice cream cones for $.50 Aus?

And, what are doonas?

Thanks,

Fred

A doona is a continental quilt or maybe you know it as a comforter? The traffic problem in Sydney isn't so much the volume (which can be bad at times) as the appalling standard of driving [ducks and covers] :D

Driving in NZ is an absolute dream with NO traffic anywhere! It's one of the benefits of having a population of only 4 million.

Only tourists drink Fosters BTW ;)

A doona is a feather or down filled bed cover. Keeps you warm in winter!

May I suggest trying some beer other than Fosters while you are here. In my opinion, we have much better beers here than that one for example James Boags, Cascade Brewery to name a couple!

A doona is a continental quilt or maybe you know it as a comforter? The traffic problem in Sydney isn't so much the volume (which can be bad at times) as the appalling standard of driving [ducks and covers] :D

Driving in NZ is an absolute dream with NO traffic anywhere! It's one of the benefits of having a population of only 4 million.

Only tourists drink Fosters BTW ;)

I agree the drivers can be frustrating, but it is also the parking which is a hassle.

BTW most of the problem drivers come from down south...have blue and white number plates...would that be VIctoria ones (now I am ducking and running fast ) :D:D

Agree completely about the beer!

Fred you have made a great Selection of a area to stay in Sydney.

In Lyons Road you have a very good Bakery and Seafood shops next door.You can travel by frequent bus into the city or by the Ferry from Abottsford Wharf .There is parking at The Abottsford Rowing Club next to the Ferry wharf and a nice inexpensive waterfront meal and drink..

http://www.sydneyrowingclub.com.au/index.php.See the photos they tell a lot.

Also the North Road, Five Dock, Abottsford is not a traffic congested road and there are many little cafes,coffee, fruit and vegie shops ,supermarket.All that you could wish for.

Dont take the car into the city.Get yourselves a Bus/Ferry Travel ticket.

No doubt you will have a GPS?

Lyons Road you are also not far from the M4 that will take you to the Blue Mountains.

I know the area a little.I live further out in the new North West Burbs.

Any other advice? tony3801@bigpond.net.au

Archived