National Park Pass

Deb in Cali

Some do,some don't. You can do your homework here..https://buy.nationalparks.org/default.asp?ref=nps Most have great kid's program and I've seen lots of people that have a book stamped at each park they vist throughout the USA.Makes a great souvenir of your travels. For $50 I would recommend getting one or if there is a senior you can get the Golden age pass.Both admit all in vehicle.

We won't have kids with us on the cruise. I was going to buy it early if it was necessary for admission into the parks. Since we live outside of Yosemite I was planning on buying a pass after we got back from our cruise to stretch the time limit.

Thank you for reminding me to bring my National Park passport book. I bought it in 2001 when we went across the U.S. It is one of my most treasured keepsakes. I wish that I had bought it earlier in because we have been to so many place where it could have been stamped.

I would love to come to Seward. Unfortunately it won't be on this trip. We are RT out of SF to Juneau, Sitka and Skagway. This is my first trip to Alaska, but it won't be my last. Have RV will travel.

I just checked Peter Jenkins book "Looking for Alaska" out of the library today. I read his "A Walk Across American" and "|The Walk West" way back when I was a teenager. So I know that I am in for a good read.

Deb

And as a general follow up of philosophy, always buy a national parks pass at your first opportunity if there's even a remote chance of visiting a national park or monument - because it's the right thing to do. Not only do you get your money's worth, but so does America. The parks are the last great bargain in the US, no matter whereabouts you are (especially the west though.) Support National Parks!

th

• 1 year later...

A new question on this topic and clarification:

1. The National Parks Pass is the $50 purchase or the Golden eagle etc. It is used for admission to National Parks and Monuments. Looks like a credit card and is good for a year. No question here.

2. The Nat'l Parks "Passport" is a book you get stamped at each park or site you visit. It is about $7.50 to buy and there are sheets of park stamps issued for each year.

My questions regarding the "Passport" book is: if you are viewing the Nat'l Parks from the cruise ship and a park ranger is on board to narrate your "visit". is there a stamp station available to get the "passport" book stamped?

Thanks in advance for all the Nat'l Park lovers out there!

Archived