Elevator at airport to Rome train??

daryleann

I keep reading about the lack of elevator at train station to the port. Is there an elevator available for those coming from airport to the local train (not the one to Termini)?

Surely there's one at the airport end, but also concerned with the stop west of the Tiber - can't find my notes at the moment for name :eek:.

Thanks much!

There are elevators at both ends of the overpass at the airport (the train station is across the roadway from the terminals, so you've got to either go over or under the road to get out there).

There are also elevators at Roma Trastevere, the station you make the change at in order to go from the airport to Civitavecchia. Each of the tracks at Trastevere has an elevator, as well as the station itself.

Now you have me thinking. I do not recall seeing an elevator at the Civitavecchia station (we could have missed it) and it is necessary to go down under the tracks on the trains arriving from Rome.

Hank

Thank you for the prompt replies. Sometimes U.S. companies get disgusted at the expense of having to make things 'accessible' but the disabilities act really is a great thing - which we sometimes take for granted, and then we are greatly surprised when we travel.

Someone who reads better in Italian than I do may be able to explain more about the handicapped services available at Civitavecchia. According to the Trenitalia site (here: http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=42ba53bf0d9da110VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD), there is wheelchair assistance available at the station. I'm not sure how a "Carrello elevatore" is used to help, it looks like a small forklift ... I'm pretty sure they're not transporting people on one of them!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToABgXil0c_8Bs5jd3GXoSxYOAWQGA-M5HSC5lHSwFscKn8xc&t=1&usg=__4-yFjpbDdADRfPjcVPIXG5bptqA=

Archived