Ports and theme nights on the Emerald

melnick

I am taking the Emerald Princess for a seven day Eastern Caribbean cruise on August 22-29 with my husband. I have sailed Princess before and love the ships, service, cabins, food, etc. I really need to know if there are any theme party nights like an emerald green night, tropical night,etc. so I can bring the right clothes. Also, I'd love to know more about the ports and what excursions are worthwhile. I've never been to St. Thomas, St. Martin or Grand Turk. Can anyone help me out with some answers? Thanks!!

I am taking the Emerald Princess for a seven day Eastern Caribbean cruise on August 22-29 with my husband. I have sailed Princess before and love the ships, service, cabins, food, etc. I really need to know if there are any theme party nights like an emerald green night, tropical night,etc. so I can bring the right clothes. Also, I'd love to know more about the ports and what excursions are worthwhile. I've never been to St. Thomas, St. Martin or Grand Turk. Can anyone help me out with some answers? Thanks!!

Just off the Emerald and there is an Island deck party one night, 50's night, country night. to name a few.

Sapphire Beach in St Thomas http://www.sapphirebeach.net/

St Martin, Mullet Bay

Grand Turk, the beach right next to the ship and the little drink shack further down the beach whose name escapes me at the moment.

Hi Melnick. Welcome to Cruise Critic!! You'll find it's very addictive :)

I'll be sailing with you on August 22. You should join our roll call (where everyone from that sailing talks). Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1146456

As for ports you can click on the Ports of Call board, then Caribbean and then on each actual port. There is tons of info about each port there which includes reviews people post of different tours.

Hope this helps!

Denise

For a 10 day cruise also on board the Emerald, does anybody know which night they have the caribbean or tropical night? I might have to buy another hawaiian shirt. The one I have is ...ah...a tad too tight :rolleyes:

Welcome to CC, Melnick! You will find all sorts of info on these boards. The Emerald is our favorite ship and we have been to these ports many times. The most surprising was the Turks. Right off the pier is the port shopping area, new and fairly built up. But, the beach area to the right of the pier is the action. Not nearly as rocky as the other side and also a bit more populated. Margarittaville area has large pool and bar, restaurant too. We really did enjoy our day there last year. Check out the sarch engine on right top of board for many topics. Also, scroll down to Forum Jump, scroll to Ports of Call and click on your choice. Lots of helpful material. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived