Lunch in Positano

Capri73

Last year we were on the Sprit ,they offered a side trip to lunch at Le Sirenuse or San Pietro.We did the drive instead.We will be doing another trip this Oct and wonder if the lunch experience is worth the price?

We can get a cab and go without the group if that is better.Which?

We dock in Amalfi,not Sorrento.:)

We have fond memories of our Seabourn small group tour of the Amalfi coast and lunch at the San Pietro.

It was in October 2008. It was our very first day on Seabourn, we were a little jetlagged and we decided to splurge on this tour. (I don't think it's possible to justify the price on any rational basis;))

We had a fantastic day. We were about 20 people on a decent size mini bus with an excellent guide. We stopped at various vantage points along the road from Amalfi to Positano, then had a walking tour to Positano beach, including about an hour of free time to explore.

We were then taken to the Hotel San Pietro where we enjoyed a leisurely lunch of simple fair, excellently prepared.

We had time to roam the grounds of the hotel, including the cliff elevator to the 'beach'.

We were then driven back to Amalfi, where we had an hour or so to explore before tendering back to the ship.

3131784086_3fd7b0a781_b.jpg

Terrace - Hotel San Pietro

3131842612_ff6423002f.jpg

Welcome back on board

Last year we were on the Sprit, they offered a side trip to lunch at Le Sirenuse or San Pietro.We did the drive instead.We will be doing another trip this Oct and wonder if the lunch experience is worth the price? We can get a cab and go without the group if that is better. Which? We dock in Amalfi,not Sorrento.:)

We loved Positano. Had lunch right on the beach at Chez Black. Here's one of my pictures from visiting lovely Positano.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Positano is uniquely built along the slopping mountain side. Here's an artist's view as he paints this scenic site.

It-Positano.jpg

Last year we were on the Sprit ,they offered a side trip to lunch at Le Sirenuse or San Pietro.We did the drive instead.We will be doing another trip this Oct and wonder if the lunch experience is worth the price?

We can get a cab and go without the group if that is better.Which?

We dock in Amalfi,not Sorrento.:)

We did this same cruise on the Seabourn and my screensaver is a view I took, have this same bench in my picture. Wish I was talented enough to know how to post a picture..any suggestions. I have them in iphoto on my Mac. I have some gorgeous pictures. If you send me your email I will send. I know how to do that. San Pietro was certainly worth it.

Ok I will make a suggestion. If in Positano, get a cab to Ravello and go to Cumpa Cosima, for what could be the best lunch in all of Italy. No kidding. Netta the owner is amazing and will offer suggestions. I first learned of this place from a friend that used to go to Ravello for three months each summer. He was told of the place by Gore Vidal, and has only the most glowing reports for it. Many friends consider it worth the effort to drive there and hey, the views from Ravello are amazing.

Yes we two have done this trip several times and it has always been well worth the money. The advantage we found being with Seabourn was the traffic on the road

back to the ship was horrendous and we arrived just in time for the ship sailing,

obviously the ship would not have sailed without their tour coach, if we had been in a taxi I am sure it would have been a different story. We will do it again next year.

Archived