How soundproof are the walls?

rogerwaters

Planning on making some very loud whoopy each night,...........

Haha, kidding. :D

Although I do plan to pass out each night from lots of alcohol consumption, :cool: I am a very light sleeper and was wondering how much racket you can hear from the hallways and adjoining rooms. Thinking about bringing my sound machine, but I also know outlets are rare in the rooms and I realize I may not even have a place to plug it in.

Did anyone who has cruised Epic already experience a lot of noise when they were trying to sleep?

Planning on making some very loud whoopy each night,...........

Haha, kidding. :D

Although I do plan to pass out each night from lots of alcohol consumption, :cool: I am a very light sleeper and was wondering how much racket you can hear from the hallways and adjoining rooms. Thinking about bringing my sound machine, but I also know outlets are rare in the rooms and I realize I may not even have a place to plug it in.

Did anyone who has cruised Epic already experience a lot of noise when they were trying to sleep?

Bring some little foam earplugs.....if you're a light sleeper, the normal creaking of the ship might keep you awake.

They're like $3 for 8 earplugs....at any drugstore.

Very quiet. Our kids were in the next (aft balcony) cabin and we never heard them. We couldn't even hear the otherwise very loud wake when the balcony door was closed. I swear the room was nearly sound-proof(of course, we were aft so no hallway traffic).

Very quiet. Our kids were in the next (aft balcony) cabin and we never heard them. We couldn't even hear the otherwise very loud wake when the balcony door was closed. I swear the room was nearly sound-proof(of course, we were aft so no hallway traffic).

Wow. That's good to know.

I was going to pack my sound machine just in case, but saving that little bit of room might give me space for my teeny tabletop fan.

Which leads me to my next question......should I bring my mini desk-fan just to get some air flow, or does the air conditioner in the room push out a good amount of air? (The rooms look so small, I fear it will feel stuffy even with the AC on).

P.S. Be mindful I have never cruised before, that's why my anxiety is a little unusual. :o

My wife and I have been on a few cruises - (on different cruiselines) we heard "nothing" from the adjoinig cabins or "hallway". We found that in general when the guests return to their cabins from the public areas - they tend to be respect the fact that people could be relaxing in their cabin.

Enjoy your cruise - have fun....

Hi- newbie to the boards here but thought I'd post.

There WILL be loud whoopy coming from 8088 on the December 4th E. Carribean trip! Glad to hear we won't be disturbing anyone! Haha!

Seriously, we'll be respectful so I'm just kidding.... kind of... :-)

LOL...Glad to see there are more people like dh & I..(he he he).

Lets put it this way...This will be our 5th cruise and no one has complained about us before...lol. Although this is our first ncl cruise..So I cant speak to their walls!!

Have fun in Dec...we are going in Sept..so I should be able to let you know if anyone complains!!!

So I cant speak to their walls!!

..we are going in Sept..so I should be able to let you know if anyone complains!!!

a) why would you want to speak to their walls? If you have a thing for walls, check-out the other thread...apparently some cabins don't have walls... do your homework! ;)

b) don't worry....we'll have heard about the complaints, before your cruise is even over! :eek:

LOL...Glad to see there are more people like dh & I..(he he he).

Lets put it this way...This will be our 5th cruise and no one has complained about us before...lol. Although this is our first ncl cruise..So I cant speak to their walls!!

Have fun in Dec...we are going in Sept..so I should be able to let you know if anyone complains!!!

Well this our first cruise ever. I was semi-concerned about thin walls, but glad to hear we won't be heard!

I'm sure we'll be too excited/tired about all the other things on the ship that people will hear us snoring more than anything else. We are planning on having a romantic trip though.

Off topic question- We picked Dec 4th because we thought that most kids would still be in school (at least the American kids). Will this be the case? I know people bring their kids, but sometimes they kill the romance. We don't have kids and don't want them in the future so seeing a bunch of screaming kids is like instant birth control for us!

Off topic question- We picked Dec 4th because we thought that most kids would still be in school (at least the American kids). Will this be the case? I know people bring their kids, but sometimes they kill the romance. We don't have kids and don't want them in the future so seeing a bunch of screaming kids is like instant birth control for us!

We thought the same thing about August 28th, but based on the roll call there are lots of little kids and teenagers on that one. I guess people just take their kids out of school. My kids are all adults now so we don't have to bring them..:D

We thought the same thing about August 28th, but based on the roll call there are lots of little kids and teenagers on that one. I guess people just take their kids out of school. My kids are all adults now so we don't have to bring them..:D

Good idea. I'll check the roll call (and maybe even join!).

our cabin A/C worked well but the kids' room was a little warm. There were problems with air conditioning on the TA and I'm sure those have all been worked out by now. Our cabins have always been very comfortable, temperature-wise.

It was blazing hot and humid on our trip and the AC's did a great job of keeping the room cool. It never felt stuffy to us. Just close the balcony door as fast as possible. Also, if you have your hallway door and balcony door open at the same time you'll get a massive breeze through the unit, which came in handy when my teenager "fouled" the air. :rolleyes:

As for the noise, I have to say this ship has the best sound insulation of any room I've been in - ship OR hotel. The family next to us was extremely obnoxious and inconsiderate, and we still didn't hear them most of the time. if someone is yelling in the hallway outside your room you, of course, will hear them, but overall it's a very, very quiet room. You will be happy with it. We didn't even get much creaking and groaning except for our rough sea day where we could not get into Costa Maya due to wave height.

Archived