Back to Back

jet3160

B2B's are the best! If you plan to pack your self I would advise bringing a whole bunch of those plastic bags you get at the grocery.You can throw them away after the move.

Hang everything you can because your CS can bring a hanging rack to put all that stuff on. Then I take a bag and empty a drawer in it. One drawer, one bag. Put the bags that you can on the cart, the rest in rolling luggage. When you get to the new cabin it's easy to know which drawer each bag goes in.

I can be out of a cabin in 10 to 15 minues and have everything in place in the new cabin in about 20 minutes. They will probably want you to have everything ready to move by 9.

If you are in a suite and want your butler to do it they will usually have you moved into the new cabin by 10 or so. Personally I would rather do it myself.

Best day on a ship you will ever have. You will be watching everyone else depart while you relax by the pool!! Enjoy!

You are brilliant!!

Will the staff help me - can my steward help me? ( I will tip him/her)

Do I still have to disembark? Does it take long to get back on the ship?

Or do can I get back on straight-away?

Any other suggestions? I am Elite on Celebrity ('cause of being Diamond on RCCL)

I am SOOOOO excited!!

Are you sure there's no way you can get the same cabin for both weeks???

That reaaaaallly makes a difference when you do B2B's. The last night when everyone else is packing, you can just enjoy your evening.

Oh, well, if it's not possible, then at least get the staff to move you. They will do that for you on the "Disembark" morning.

On that day, you'll meet with someone from the staff, and they will walk you off the ship, through customs, and back on with your new SeaPass Card. It takes about 20 minutes, and then you're back on the ship. We love this time when there is NO-ONE else on board yet... it is a great time to go around and get pictures of the ship in all the public areas.

For your Elite status, be sure and enjoy the Micheals Club happy hour before dinner.

Hope This Helps.

I've usually had the Asst CS do the 'heavy lifting' (getting the hanging stuff hung on the cart).

The night before you will get an envelope with your new seapass (which has to be activated) and a paper transit pass. I really don't mind changing cabins. Gives me a chance to clean out all the paperwork that accumulates. Do it the easy way and you will be finished in 30 minutes and know where everything is.

Depends on the port. Usually someone is in charge of the b2b'ers. They shepherd you, as a group, off the ship and check you have your transit pass which will get you back on the ship before the waiting crowds. You can always take your transit pass with you and go enjoy the port. When you come back to board the transit pass will expidite everything.

Before 9/11 you didn't usually have to get off the ship but, as we all know, that changed everything.

We did a B2B last year in Alaska.I am such a dork I took pictures of everyone elses luggage in the hall after the first leg.We only had to get off the ship to turn in and activate our new sea passes.We also got invited to the MDR for a special lunch after everyone else disembarcked which included items from the specialty restaurant.The last night of our first cruise we recieved flowers and chocolate covered strawberries in our stateroom.All in all we felt like we were treated like a Celebrity!

We did some duty free booze shopping on the first leg of our cruise and it was delivered to our stateroom mid cruise to be enjoyed on the second half. Also a bottle that was stored for us at the gangway early in the cruise was returned midway.

We did some duty free booze shopping on the first leg of our cruise and it was delivered to our stateroom mid cruise to be enjoyed on the second half. Also a bottle that was stored for us at the gangway early in the cruise was returned midway.

Wow! Hadn't thought of this. Thanks. We are B2Bing it on Connie in Nov/Dec and will give this a try. Just two bottles of wine first leg then Gin & Tonics the second!!!

Archived