Orlando Airport to Cape Canaveral

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting from the orlando airport to the Radisson Resort at the Port? It's at 8701 Astronaut Blvd. Cape Canaveral. I've heard it's about a hour away. Can we get a shuttle, bus, or van at the airport when we arrive? Or should we make prior arrangements? There will be 18 or 24 of us?

We used Travelynx shuttle service. Had no problems and would use them again if needed.

Here is a link:

http://www.travelynx.net/

I also saw a lot of Coca Beach Shuttle buses:

http://www.cbshuttle.com/

Here is a very good CC thread to help those cruising out of Port Canaveral. It's 'The NEW I Work In Port Canaveral Thread'. Some very helpful locals post there and it is full of information. Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

Have a GREAT cruise!

my sister rents a car. she uses enterprise. You could prob rent two 15 passenger vans at the airport cheaper than paying for shuttles or bus for that many people. Just an idea. When you are ready you could drop everyone off at the port and drop the vans at the port canaveral enterprise and they will get the two drivers to the port. Its only about 5 min ride. we used them for a day rental last year. they are very nice.

I don't know about 18 to 24 people, but I know that "per person" price on a shuttle will cost you more than renting through Budget.

If it was me, here's what I would do:

Divide your group up into threesomes or quads, depending on the amount of luggage. Then, depending on how many "groups" you end up with, call Budget and rent that many cars - one way to Cape Canaveral.

I assume, since you said you're going to Radison, that you are coming in the day before. Keep the cars and use them the next morning when getting to the ship = get there early -11:00 or 11:30. It's about a 5 or 10 minute drive to the pier. Drop everyone and the luggage off at the ship, and then have as few as neccessary take the cars back to Budget - the location is about 2 blocks from the Radison. They have a free shuttle back to the pier from there.

Hope This Helps.

Cocoa beach shuttle charged us $95 ( less 10% discount if you mention cruise critic) for 6 persons. I think the Radisson have a free shuttle to to port but Im not sure.

I think the price for 8 persons is $105.00 less the discount.

It takes about an hour

We were able to rent a 15 passenger van from MCO (Orlando Airport) to be dropped off at Avis in Cape Canaveral for about $130. However we could not secure a rental back to the airport. Our mistake, we booked the arrival van a few months ago and just tried to book the return this week.

I have tried all the car rental agencies and NO ONE seems to have a van on our return date. So I have booked with Beach Line Transport for the return. 9 people, $145. Which I didn't think was too bad!

Beach Line Transportation

321-453-9660

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net

I assume, since you said you're going to Radison, that you are coming in the day before. Keep the cars and use them the next morning when getting to the ship = get there early -11:00 or 11:30. It's about a 5 or 10 minute drive to the pier. Drop everyone and the luggage off at the ship, and then have as few as neccessary take the cars back to Budget - the location is about 2 blocks from the Radison. They have a free shuttle back to the pier from there.

Hope This Helps.

We're renting a car from Budget as well. We're both dropping the car off at Budget the following morning and then they will shuttle us to the pier free of charge. Saves double backing and hubby leaving me at the curb. Is that a better scenario or better that he drops me and the bags curb side and then goes back to Budget on his own? I'm looking for the simplest idea here.

You might check with SuperShuttle. I'm using them to get 10 of us from Houston Bush/Intercontinental to Galveston. They had the best rates -- better than any limo service. You charter the entire shuttle for large groups.

We used Travelynx shuttle service. Had no problems and would use them again if needed.

Here is a link:

http://www.travelynx.net/

I also saw a lot of Coca Beach Shuttle buses:

http://www.cbshuttle.com/

Here is a very good CC thread to help those cruising out of Port Canaveral. It's 'The NEW I Work In Port Canaveral Thread'. Some very helpful locals post there and it is full of information. Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

Have a GREAT cruise!

I second this suggestion. This service is very good!

We're renting a car from Budget as well. We're both dropping the car off at Budget the following morning and then they will shuttle us to the pier free of charge. Saves double backing and hubby leaving me at the curb. Is that a better scenario or better that he drops me and the bags curb side and then goes back to Budget on his own? I'm looking for the simplest idea here.

The shuttles that Budget uses are small. They can only get about 6 or 7 pax at a time - luggage space is a problem. And the wait for the shuttle on "Cruise Day" can be very long if crowded (especially if everyone has a lot of luggage).

I would definitly drop off the luggage first, and then go return the car. It may take up to an hour to get back to the pier if you wait on shuttle. If you don't mind spending $10 or $12, have a cab meet you at Budget to take you back - then there's no wait.;)

Oh, and don't forget to make the reservations for the same thing after your cruise.

Hope This Helps.

KAWS, if it is just the 2 of you, I would both go to Budget. Then take the shuttle together to the port. The other group is really big and harder to get everyone to the port. I think the Radisson has a shuttle but you have to book waaaaaayyyyy in advance. Limited space. You could check with them too.

We're actually staying at Country Inn and Suites. I understand that is even closer to the Budget car rental.

From what I heard from Budget they will also pick us up at the pier after the cruise and take us to their office where we have a car booked for our return trip.

It's a great deal with Budget too - around $30 all in each way. Cannot beat that.

Thanks for the info thomarvin; I'll stick with my original plan then. :D

Archived