West LA: Closures during 405 Construction

Not just West LA will be feeling the pain on the 405.

The 405/605/22 interchange along with the offramp/onramp into Long Beach on 7th Street will be going major "upgrading." Our local paper referenced somewhere on the OCTA website for more info but I couldn't find it this morning. I believe the way I usually get on the 405 S/22/605 will be closed for 2 years!

Not just West LA will be feeling the pain on the 405.

The 405/605/22 interchange along with the offramp/onramp into Long Beach on 7th Street will be going major "upgrading." Our local paper referenced somewhere on the OCTA website for more info but I couldn't find it this morning. I believe the way I usually get on the 405 S/22/605 will be closed for 2 years!

That certainly sucks. When the Sepulveda Tunnel was being repaved some years ago and closed for several months, that was a major problem for me as that was the way I would drive in to work. It just dumped more traffic onto the 405 and the canyon roads.

Thank you for posting this information.

Keith

No prob. With all the visitors-to-be that we're suggesting the Getty Center too, I'm just concerned that they may find it hard to get to during this construction. Not to mention anyone going north from the port past the airport.

Archived