Cabin's front of the ship or back of ship

BOUDREAUX

Greetings my fellow cruisers,

I have a question for all of you, I'm already booked on the Legend for Dec and I'm on the verhanda deck up front. but i have a 8 yold boy going with us the back of the ship is where we are going to spend most of the time him at water works. Camp Carnival is in the front of the ship w/ most of the shops and entertainment however my parents have a hard time getting around and I know that they will want to eat food which is at the back of the ship and will be spending time with bryce at the pool we will upgrade one deck to panorama deck I just don't know which will be better for them........Oh and this is all a suprise for them!!

If my choices were having a cabin in the bow of the ship or the stern I'd take the stern.

In heavy seas the bow takes the brunt of the punishment hammering through the waves, the stern, although it may move, is along for the ride and isn't exposed to the pounding the way the bow is.

:)

I know I choose the cabin based on mobility issues. Mid deck is the most convenient. We can stop at the cabin after dinner in the aft dining room while we are heading to the theater in the front. We do the shows in the theater every night. So, thats one more thing to consider.

We typically book near the aft elevator too, except we are doing any time dining which is the middle of the ship and enters from the front elevators.

We prefer foward, but on the Conquest class ships. When we were on the Legend our room was towards the front and it was a hike to everything because of the atrium and everything being in the back. For your parents anywhere midship or further back should be fine. On the Spirit class all you need to get to in the front with your parents is the main show lounge. Have a good time, the Legend is a beautiful ship!

Greetings my fellow cruisers,

I have a question for all of you, I'm already booked on the Legend for Dec and I'm on the verhanda deck up front. but i have a 8 yold boy going with us the back of the ship is where we are going to spend most of the time him at water works. Camp Carnival is in the front of the ship w/ most of the shops and entertainment however my parents have a hard time getting around and I know that they will want to eat food which is at the back of the ship and will be spending time with bryce at the pool we will upgrade one deck to panorama deck I just don't know which will be better for them........Oh and this is all a suprise for them!!

My suggestion would be to book an aft cabin near the elevators on either deck, with th epanorama deck being the better option if they have to use the stairs. I wouldn't go further forward than 8220/8221 on the Panorama deck or 7246/7277 on the Verandah deck, with 8230/8231/8232/8233 8234/8239 being the preferred cabins on the Panorama and their counterparts 7256-7303 on the Verandah deck. You're biggest mobility difficulties will then be getting to the Follies Lounge for shows or getting off the ship in ports.

If my choices were having a cabin in the bow of the ship or the stern I'd take the stern.

In heavy seas the bow takes the brunt of the punishment hammering through the waves, the stern, although it may move, is along for the ride and isn't exposed to the pounding the way the bow is.

:)

I agree, if your room is vertical from the bottom of the bow, you can often feel the pounding if in rough seas. I have always had a smooth ride in the aft portion of the ship, never experienced any of the 'side slide' reported by some...

My suggestion would be to book an aft cabin near the elevators on either deck, with th epanorama deck being the better option if they have to use the stairs. I wouldn't go further forward than 8220/8221 on the Panorama deck or 7246/7277 on the Verandah deck, with 8230/8231/8232/8233 8234/8239 being the preferred cabins on the Panorama and their counterparts 7256-7303 on the Verandah deck. You're biggest mobility difficulties will then be getting to the Follies Lounge for shows or getting off the ship in ports.

Ok ai just booked cabins 8236 and 8242 any intel on this location?????

Archived