How does the staff know about prepaid tips?

L2ConD

Hi, folks --

We're sailing in two days on the Pride out of Baltimore (I can't wait!!!) and I was reading about prepayment of tips.

I'd like to do this, while I have a few extra nickels right now to my name.

My question is how do the waiters know that certain people have already paid their tips?

I did a search on prepaid tips, and unless I misunderstood some posts, some CCers were saying that the waiters know who's paid and who hasn't, or which people have removed the auto-tip service.

This is my first Carnival cruise, so I'm hoping someone will explain this to me!

Thanks ---

i'm not sure that they know who has PRE-PAID the tips...

but they do apparently know who has REMOVED tips...

the auto-tips are charged to your s&s card at 10.00 per day. you can choose to pre-pay them as you are interested in... i'm not certain they distinguish between either, as far as crew reporting in concerned...

but it has been reported here, including in a post by wennfred (here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=979991), who toured the galley and snapped a shot of a list posted there of passengers who REMOVED their (pre-paid, but this might also be s&s?) tips... which even made international news LOL, here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1180762/Outrage-cruise-passengers-dont-tip-revealed-staff.html

that may be what you were reading about?

don't worry about it too much. you'll love the pride! and a few extra bucks goes a long way...

Archived