Another Ship in Baltimore??

kente

Well I LOVED my cruise on the Pride and LOVED cruising from Baltimore, so I would be happy to see another ship, but it still seems odd that it would be a Fantasy class ship. All eight of these ships are used primarily for 3-4-5 night cruises, which would be almost impossible from Baltimore, right?

But it really doesn't matter to me, as long as a ship remains in Charleston!!!

Actually, that is not correct, as RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas is currently homeported in Baltimore, and the New England/Canada itinerary is currently being done, along with itineraries to Bermuda AND Bahamas/Caribbean routes.

I was corrected a couple of pages back same thread as to the route the Enchatment takes from Baltimore as well. Wasn't aware of the canal route. I just wish they did longer Canada/New England cruises to get further up into the Canadian Maritime Provinces than just Halifax, although the New England ports of call are nice. Maybe a 10-12 night would be nice as mentioned in a previous comment. Charlottetown and Sydney have some nice offerings for sightseeing as well.

Well I LOVED my cruise on the Pride and LOVED cruising from Baltimore, so I would be happy to see another ship, but it still seems odd that it would be a Fantasy class ship. All eight of these ships are used primarily for 3-4-5 night cruises, which would be almost impossible from Baltimore, right?

But it really doesn't matter to me, as long as a ship remains in Charleston!!!

Oddly enough, Carnival has been adding back 7 day itins to the Fantasy class ships. Mostly mixed in with the shorter cruises but I know Charleston, Jax, and one of the Gulf coast ports has their Fantasy class ship now doing some 7 day cruises.

I do hope they bring another ship in and I really hope it goes to NE and Canada. I love Carnival and would like to go there but when I cruise I want atleast 7 days. It's the only vacation I get each year.

I know I can go to NY and take the 5 day. I've been to NY enough and can actually take day trips if I want, not for my vacation.

Oddly enough, Carnival has been adding back 7 day itins to the Fantasy class ships. Mostly mixed in with the shorter cruises but I know Charleston, Jax, and one of the Gulf coast ports has their Fantasy class ship now doing some 7 day cruises.

That is one of the most interesting changes they have made over the last year. That combined with the evolutions of fun to the Fantasy class ships show they will be around for a while. Probably economical as well.

We are going on the Pride on 8/29...I will ask questions about the possibility of another ship out of Baltimore. Will update when we get back. I hope you're correct because I have run out of cruises I can take without flying.

Look forward to hearing the answer.

And, be sure to suggest a cruise that just spends three days at HMC ;-))))

I'd like it to be a Fantasy class ship. Its in driving distance and has rooms that fit 5 peopls (albeit snugly) which makes for a great cost savings when a good deal arises. Hopefully it's be a 7 day.

• 1 month later...
That statement may have come from me. We sailed at the end of May. CD Kirk, ACD Jaime, our waiter in the dining room, and the corporate trainer who ran the Behind the Fun tour all talked about the news that Carnival was putting a second ship in Baltimore. No one knew what ship, though. It was even publicly announced that the Ship Life Q&A session they held on the last sea day.

I'm reserving judgment until I see a press release. Seems odd that so many people on one ship seemed to think a second ship was coming. Either a really bad rumor was circulating amongst the crew or they got some really bad information somewhere. Or Carnival planned it and decided not to for whatever reason.

My only theory (and this is personal theory and nothing more) is that they would possibly move the Fascination due to the upcoming issues in Jax with ther terminal. Current terminal is due to be torn down and Jax promised Carnival a new terminal downriver which they are now not going to build.

My in-laws heard the same thing when they sailed on the Pride in July.

Anybody have any updates on this???

I was on the Pride a few weeks ago talking with the person that sets up future cruises.

At that time (week of the 12th) he had no information when I asked him.

Archived