I need your help ladies.

Willie T

My friend gave me a beautiful beaded jacket from Chicos that she found at a thrift store or yard sale. It's black with red beaded flowers and leaves, very oriental. The jacket is full with HUGE sleeves. You really could keep your Pekinese in one. LOL It's "T" shaped. But I'am a little confused how to wear it. The are very big openings under each arm. Trying it on (for my upcoming cruise of course) I at first did'nt notice the openings, and liked the way it fell. Since noticing, I've tried putting my arms through the openings and I don't like that much at all.

Does anyone have this jacket or know if it is open like that for a reason, or just because it is.

I'am thinking I'll wear it with black palazoo pants and a red silky type chemise. Not my usual look of jeans and tank tops I wear at home!

My friend gave me a beautiful beaded jacket from Chicos that she found at a thrift store or yard sale. It's black with red beaded flowers and leaves, very oriental. The jacket is full with HUGE sleeves. You really could keep your Pekinese in one. LOL It's "T" shaped. But I'am a little confused how to wear it. The are very big openings under each arm. Trying it on (for my upcoming cruise of course) I at first did'nt notice the openings, and liked the way it fell. Since noticing, I've tried putting my arms through the openings and I don't like that much at all.

Does anyone have this jacket or know if it is open like that for a reason, or just because it is.

I'am thinking I'll wear it with black palazoo pants and a red silky type chemise. Not my usual look of jeans and tank tops I wear at home!

Can you take a picture of it ?? Sounds Interesting!

I could if I knew how to do all that stuff! LOL One of these days....you know, when I have NOTHING else to do. I can't even print out my air fare conformation! I just finally booked today. Oh well, I'll read the book on the new printer some day too. LOL

You guys's cruise is just about here too huh? On FB it looks like some of the Buc's had to cancel. :(

I think I'll go try Chico's and see what I can find. Have a good Kathy.

It's a real comfortable jacket. Just if I put my arms through the "vents", then it's just weird. It's like the picture. Is it just a decorative thing or what? Thanks for the picture by the way.

In a true kimona, there is probably some reason for the slit that dates back but I was not able to find any information since I was curious about the slits. One thing I did find was the kimonos were worn for hunting and gathering and maybe in authentic kimonos the ends of the sleeve where the arms come out is not open the whole way across so they would be able to store the day's cache in there. I also read something about the slits being added sex appeal.....maybe underarms are sexy in the Orient.:D It's probably just decorative now but maybe some rum runners could be concealed in there.:p

Just wear it and forget about the "air vents".:D I think what you plan on wearing it with will be just the right thing.:)

Oh thank you. I was pretty sure no arms were supposed to go in the slits, but better to ask then wear it wrong.

I like that my under arms might be sexy. All this time I thought 60 year old cottage cheese upper arms with a permanent waving motion might not be sexy. Good to know I've still got it! Lots of it. Lots.

Thanks you all, hate to cover these sexy arms, but I,am wearing the jacket.

Archived