Crown - New England Repo

cruisin36

We did this cruise last year. There is no need for a shuttle. When you leave the ship it is only a short walk to the old port and the foot of the fenicular to the old town.

October 23rd last year there was snow on the ground in Quebec.

Hi There,

The over night is great, you get amazing views of the city from the ship we arrived one day early and stayed in the old town looking down on the Crown, then the next night we were on the Crown looking up at the old town.

The snow was a great way to start a cruise as we were doing b2b so ended up in the Caribbean.

yours Shogun

I just checked the sat maps and it is only about half mile from the ship to the center of old quebec city.

We are also doing a b2b staying on for the western carib. I hope we don't have snow in QC, though.

What is not to be missed in Quebec City?

We are on this sailing and Coral did cruise this last year. There are a couple of reviews of it on the main reviews for last October. They had a couple more ports than we will have and one more day or was it 2 more days. Anyway this year is 13 and next year its 12 days. Coral ran into snow in Quebec last year.

Not much info on here about Quebec so I have been looking at the sister site trip advisor. Looks like we will mostly walk around the upper and lower town since it is suppose to be charming. I have not read anything about don't miss except the lower and upper town.

I haven't seen you in our roll call yet.

Walking round the Old Town and Old Port is the best way to see it. It is charming.

Have a look in the Chateau de Frontenac. Have a drink there if you can afford it.:eek:

We arrived the day before to the snow. The morning before we boarded we took a taxi to the Montmorency Falls. With the snow on the ground it was beautiful.

I just checked the sat maps and it is only about half mile from the ship to the center of old quebec city.

We are also doing a b2b staying on for the western carib. I hope we don't have snow in QC, though.

What is not to be missed in Quebec City?

We stayed on for the week in the Caribbean too. The problem was packing for cold and hot climates. Once we passed New York the temperatures improved greatly and by our last sea day (before Fort Lauderdale) we were in swimwear on deck.

We're doing this cruise this year after doing the NYC to NYC 7d Canada NE one last September. Quebec City is wonderful. Just walk around the old city within the walls and you'll see how old the city is and how it is much like European cities. It is very charming. Have an onion soup somewhere to warm you up if it is cold. Hopefully there will not be any snow this year.

Archived